Saturday, June 7, 2014

Stephelle’s Kitchen: T.G.I.F. Pumpkin Soup

it has been long since I last cooked

pumpkin soup

because it takes longer than usual to

handle pumpkin and

such a large portion

who’s gonna eat it

Pumpkin soup

 

tomorrow is a public holiday

doesn’t make any difference for those

who are not working on a Saturday anyway

but for us who do

it is indeed different

 

finally an authentic feeling of

T.G.I.F.

 

so I bought a pumpkin

has been wanting to

and finally

 

started at 9:30 p.m.

skin peeling has taken at least 30 minutes

 

I cooked the whole pumpkin

too lazy to be bothered about

half pumpkin in the fridge

so I boiled it down to puree form

and reserve half of it for

future consumption

 

served a bowl to my roomie

who uploaded it to her Facebook

with the caption that it is real good

 

and wow.. people were actually

asking me for recipe?

 

wow..

feel so honoured

so I was actually typing it out

in the Facebook comment column

 

no recipe really

 

(1)  boil cut pumpkin in water, till it turns puree

(2)  boil cubed vegetables in another pot of water,

add in 1/4 flavouring cube / mushroom soup powder

(3)  pour the puree into the vegetable broth

(4) ready to serve, garnish with baby kyuri

 

the satisfaction from

homecooked food totally

outweighs the toll of carrying

these grocery back home by bus

Grocery Shopping on Friday evening

 

T.G.I.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment