Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Sleep-less Days X Kinda Cray: Yet I’m Perfectly Okay

Long gone are the days of

going off at 6 p.m.

 

earliest at 7 p.m.

the earlier time would be 7:30

the norm would be 8 p.m.

 

early in the morning

I walk out of house at

7:30am and catch the 7:45 bus

usually reach my office by 8:00

 

whole 12 hours

spent in the office

 

unfortunately my company

doesn't pay any reimbursement

if I were to average out

and calculate an hourly rate

I think it's better for me to go

work at a fast food outlet then

 

Yet I feel quite contented

about my life

 

Is it not okay to be this okay?

That's what I keep asking myself

 

slept at 12 a.m.

and woke up at 5:15 to

write two blog posts and

work out, a quick one

 

I nap during lunch hour

now almost on a daily basis

I am considering to buy a mini pillow

and leave it in the office too

 

There's no such meal

dedicated to the so-called lunch

I will only be spotted at the cafeteria

buying lunch for my boss

 

And I hate coming back to air-con room

smelling like kitchen

I am sometimes in fact in the kitchen

telling the chef my boss wants

her lunch prepared in

a specific way

 

I have some snacks or

make a drink at the gap of

two hours or so

 

the very first piece of

whole-wheat  bread consumed

in the morning is now

performed in the office too

instead of the lovely balcony

 

So the whole loaf stays there

so is my pack of oranges

 

I enjoy the quiet moment

before everyone else comes in

after everyone else goes too

 

My social life is dead anyway

so might as well sit back and

read and write whatever there is

 

I sometimes fell asleep

on the 25-minutes journey back

and have jerks from time to time

 

Luckily enough

I am yet to miss the right stop

 

but someday

I predict I will end up

waking up to find

i am back at bus stop outside my company

 

But still

I insist on cooking every single night

dinner is served at 9 or 9:30p.m.

with a serving of dessert bowl too

 

and hang around

surfing the social media

lingering on Whatsapp,

provided that there’s

someone at the other end of the conversation 

 

listening to Hito Radio is my

dosage of relaxant

i even bring my phone along to kitchen too

so that the streaming goes on

while i am cutting carrot

 

until I naturally fall asleep

to the very last song

 

at times, i asked myself

the next morning

what’s the last song i heard

can’t remember…

 

That's pretty much about all

of what my life is like

four days a week

 

Friday is a little more happening

because I go for grocery shopping

so dinner may be served a little late

that explains why

I get excited over grocery shopping

 

I stay in office late because

my social life is dead

 

My social life is dead because

I stay in office late

 

doesn't make any difference to me

both apply

 

life is imperfectly okay and

i am perfectly okay

cheers

2014.06.04 Spicy Pasta Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment