Sunday, August 24, 2014

Without Guidance X Yet Not Frightened: Solo at Lamma Island 南丫島

going hiking solo?

I know right

but who cares

no map no nothing

all I rely on is the direction signage

Lamma Island 南丫島

 

and there I was exploring on my own

90% of the time found myself alone

exploring the island for almost two hours

 

and Lamma Island was a last-minute choice

yup.. I know that I wanted to

exlore one of the islands

but finally locked down on the destination

after I read on these information

at the pier and hey

the ferry was departing in minutes

let’s run for it!! Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島 

 

short escapism from the city

burp bye

on my way to Lamma Island 南丫島on my way to Lamma Island 南丫島on my way to Lamma Island 南丫島on my way to Lamma Island 南丫島

 

arrival

Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島

 

the mini township

Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島

 

the beach

the beach at Lamma Island 南丫島the beach at Lamma Island 南丫島the beach at Lamma Island 南丫島the beach at Lamma Island 南丫島the beach at Lamma Island 南丫島the beach at Lamma Island 南丫島

 

the hike

all by myself

enjoying the sun,

the breeze,

the green and

the unknown factor of

“are we there yet”?

Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島

 

the harvest time

best view from the top

Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島

 

landed on the other side of the island

there are two ferry piers

providing the same service

back to the city

therefore quite hiker-friendly

you don’t have to

walk a return journey

in order to catch the ferry 

Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島Lamma Island 南丫島

 

thank goodness

storm brewing storm brewing and pouring heavily

 

Mr Jim an avid fan of hiking

was saying that I am crazy

but this is Hong Kong

that makes all the difference

No comments:

Post a Comment