Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Know-How X No Chaos: Light’s Out

there was this 2003 movie

《下一站天后 Diva Ah Hey》

starring

Charlene (Twins) and Jordan Chan

co-starring Shawn Yue and Niki Chau

Diva . Ah HeyDiva . Ah Hey 02

 

wait a minute

right at this moment I finally realize

the pairing is kind weird

isn’t it should be

Charlene and Shawn

Jordan and Niki

nevermind, let’s just stick to

whatever storyline they have

 

so.. Shawn is actually a driver for

Niki, the Diva and they fell in love

I mean the Diva finally fell for

the driver who had long loved her

simply because he helped her to

replace a spoilt light bulb and

Shawn Yue X Nikki Chow - Diva Ah Hey

 

to the Diva

she will fall for man who is willing to

replace light bulb for her

because the act is just too gorgeous

even though he is just a driver

 

so I used to look forward to

witness the scene of a man

changing light bulb at my place

well it did happen

twice, I think but

didn’t turn out to be that great

 

so forget about it

the theory doesn’t really work

 

the bathroom shared by

me and Angie, my housemate

was out of light for two days

and here’s our version of the story

 


9:00 pm yesterday

so I bought a fluorescent tube

Philips, of course, my favourite brand

downstairs and replaced it

it didn’t work, still

so it must be the starter then

 

I was too tired to go down

I got home from work at 9 p.m.

so Angie went instead

and so here I was up there

the second attempt

 

but damn

the starter stubbornly

refused to come out

so I was pulling, turning, dragging

and oh man.. I managed to

remove it out, yet

without the component, though

just the cover..

an empty light starter

 

craps…

the components were

all stuck in there

how?

 

after several attempts

so managed to excavate these

what was still left inside

were a “leg” and the cover

components of a light starter

 

so it’s now

the engineering student took over

Angie even has a screw driver with her

so she screw-opened the body of

the light placement and

used a small scissor to scrap the

remainders of the starter

out of the socket

 

phew.. finally

the new starter was installed

time to turn on the light

 

what???

the light was still not working

 


7:00 am today

I thought of giving it another try

we were at dead’s end anyway

so I remove the new starter

and reinstalled it after

a long murmur of magic charm..

and hey it worked!!

 

2014/07/15

new skill mastered

light bulb & starter replacing

(advanced level)

 

by the way

I have been showering in the dark

at least 5 times before

the replacement took place

No comments:

Post a Comment