Monday, September 1, 2014

No Loots X Just Books: Peanuts Nook

was in town

on a Sunday afternoon

out from home at 11 am

got there by 12:30 pm

 

have I mastered the tactic of

catching public transport in Kuala Lumpur?

not really, but trust me

I am picking up

carrying a backpack in front of

the chest helps

extra protection from

the un-seek-for-touch 

monorail station, Hang Tuah

 

the showcase

I was expecting to watch was

scheduled at 5:00 pm

whoa.. I got the feeling that

I may not stay as long

and give up waiting

 

1s Stop,

Typo, Pavilion mall  

 

it took me quite awhile

because the end of that particular wing

was under renovation

where Forever 21 and Cotton On are

and this is not somewhere

I am specifically familiar with

I went up and down the escalators

at least three times

 

the previous trip

I got the Superhero mug

Little Black Heels X Denim Tropika: Long Missed Zara

the window displays were

really really impressive, though

 

and days ago Eva

sent me the photo of this Hot Dawg

I know she is such an evil friend, right

and also a Merdeka! promo mail

hence decided to drop by

typo sale postertypo sale poster

 

what a cute baby

and best of all at massive discount

retailing at 75 MYR and now

going at 40 MYR

yeah, baby, you’re mine

typo x Peanuts: Snoopy Hot Dawg Gel Pack Hottie

 

do check out the

Typo X Peanuts collection

Peanuts X Typo: Tough to Say No?

 

cool window display by Fossil

how I wish I own the checklist to

and set up a hiring booth somewhere

Fossil The Perfect Boyfried Checklist DisplayFossil The Perfect Boyfried Checklist Display

 

2nd stop

BookXcess, Fahrenheit mall

 

that was my first time

in this particular mall I guess

the typical example of

one mega tenant dominating the mall

in this case, Uniqlo

occupying the best position

across a few levels 

and leaving the rest of the tenants

in the mall looking quite pathetic

 

I was looking for the Japanese eatery

and accidentally bumped into this

quite amazing bookstore, BookXcess 

BookXcess bookstore, Fahrenheit mall

 

the window display and

the direction of artwork is definitely fun

BookXcess bookstore, Fahrenheit mall

 

and the first thing that

attracted me into the bookstore

of course, wasn’t the book but

their Curios Corner

BookXcess bookstore, Fahrenheit mall curios cornerIMG_6170

 

then came the books

well.. not exactly books

you would have guessed

I am not a scholarly person

that’s for sure

BookXcess bookstore, Fahrenheit mall The Peanuts CollectionWhere's Wally collectionThe Many Faces of Snoopy

 

That arrogant face!!

The Peanuts Collection

 

no joke..

all books are heavily discounted

like 1-2 year old books

yet in perfectly new condition

well.. who cares if it’s a new arrival

good book doesn’t obsolete with time

BookXcess bookstore, Fahrenheit mall

 

and certain promotions are available 

on top of the heavy discount

7 MYR for a John Grisham’s

oh man

BookXcess bookstore, Fahrenheit mall

 

I would definitely come back for more

in spite of the traveling

and I have got myself a member card too

 

the boutique right opposite

was having a 1 MYR for 2nd piece promo

basically it means buy 1 free 1

no.. I was too occupied with

my loots from BookXcess

Kitschen, Fahrenheit Mall

 

forget about the Japanese eatery

which I finally found after

one big round around the mall

it was just in front, actually

the queue was rather long and

Kuala Lumpur isn’t exactly a

solo-diner-friendly city

couples, couples and more couples

and they just stared on

as if you are from another planet

 

TGIMcD

I wanna lodge a complaint

I mean just look at the

pathetic piece of cheese

no it wasn’t even a whole piece

2 pieces of a 1/4 piece

damn!!

Filet O'Fish pathetic cheese

 

ssshh.. stop complaining

while my baby was sleeping

typo x Peanuts: Snoopy Hot Dawg Gel Pack Hottie

 

3:00 pm

still have plenty of time to kill

before heading to the showcase

John Grisham, the Litigators

 

chilling with some cute Arabic boys

hanging out with the kids

and my after-lunch dessert

FREY swiss dark chocolate 85%

 

hooray!! 4:30 pm

here I was

I did survive the long gap time

Admired X Then, Being Amazed: Dawen 王大文 Mini Showcase

Sungei Wang Plaza concourse

 

loots of the day

so awesome so heavy

thank goodness I got a

“sitting” spot for the showcase

Amazingly awesome gift insidePeanuts NookDawen 王大文 autographed album

 

hey, I actually managed to read

11 chapters of the book

during post-lunch hang-around

waiting for the show

at the platform of the train

and on the bus & train

John Grisham, the Litigators

 

 

p.s.

forgot to snap a selfie

OOTD, the Aéropostale way

which is a good thing because

it means I didn’t stop by any

clothes retail store or fitting room

-Zara top -Gap Kids

–Havaianas -Mickey

OOTD

 

p.p.s.

Ride Hitched X Sudden Ditched: Be Thankful, Bitch

that was the previous time

I was sitting at this particular spot

7am in the morning

feeling a little annoyed

being deserted

now I am fine to go on my own

Lot 10 mall, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur

 

Time Count X Ironic Ground: Longest Day in Town

the previous time

I attended a showcase

with a long gap time

with a former BFF

gosh.. you mean

that was 2 years ago?

 

we longer talked

I don’t even know what on earth

she is doing right now

 

but rather than

having someone who

doesn’t enjoy doing

the same thing as you do

for the sake of companionship is

just not the right thing to do

 

no matter how your counterpart

is nodding and says it’s okay

let’s face it

Solo is better than wrong duo

let go, let’s go

No comments:

Post a Comment