Sunday, September 21, 2014

Stephelle’s Kitchen: Love-hate R/ship with Celery?

Weekend is always

meant to be wasted 

spent the 1 hour

cutting the pumpkin and

boiled it into puree form

shredded pumpkin

 

the smell of celery

attracted the sisters upstairs

because they thought I was

cooking some herbal soup

 

that happened from time to time

whenever I was cooking celery

since back then in college

 

I know loads people have

this celery-phobia

including myself

but you have to admit that

it smells good if you are

under the false impression that

this is some kind of herbal soup

 

so I guess the problem is

when we are made to

chewing celery in stalk

 

what I always do is

to shred it into thin pieces

the aroma is infused

the texture is softened

no more chewing like a cow

(archive photo)

shredded celery

 

moreover

when all the veggies were mixed

you can’t even tell if

there is celery in there

 

since I had extra

I offered them a bowl

or else I bet

it’s kinda hard for them to imagine

 

what the hell was I cooking

because in the first place

they were attracted by the

“herbal” aroma

while

 

I actually told them

while pointing to the pumpkin puree

on top of the fridge

that I am cooking

pumpkin soup with pasta

 

there you go

creamy is a MUST!

a little more buttery today

since I scooped in

a teaspoon of Lurpark light spread

creamy pumpkin soup

 

and they actually invited me to

have dinner together next time

I bet they were impressed

with my pumpkin soup

 

because we actually have never

talked to each other

after 3/4 years

staying under the same roof 

 

well

food is actually a good

relationship building tool

that’s for sure

 

because

no everyone travels

speaking too much on travels

could spark the impression that

you are just showing off

 

no everyone enjoys

the kind of music I do

but anyway I blast my music

at moderate volume

at the living room

also at the kitchen while

I am cooking

 

and apparently

no everyone is into sneakers

I could already tell

from the shoes corners in

the living room that

I am the only weirdo

who doesn’t own Birkenstocks and

yet way too many pairs of sneakers

 

therefore

food is the best way to connect

no matter where you are

No comments:

Post a Comment