Saturday, September 8, 2012

Time Count X Ironic Ground: Longest Day in Town

Yoga Lin is in town

promotional showcase for

his concert next year

 

and I just found out like

yesterday evening

after I got back home for weekend

and

I am leaving home again

in less than 24 hours time

 

I wouldn’t have gone home if

I know he gonna be in town

but

 

I wouldn’t have found out

if I did not go home

because I actually read the news out of

a stack of outdated newspapers

 

and the funny thing is that

everything is in right timing

although the news are

like coming to me a little unexpectedly

 

companions for the concert

readily found two

beloved Manager

this is gonna be our Barter trade again

since I still owe her some money for

an upcoming flight ticket

 

and another fellow fan, Mag

both for Yoga Lin and Eddie Peng

she is even more die-hard

since she is going for both

the Singapore concert, on the coming Nov

and this particular one, next March

 

the more the merrier

I don’t have to go concert alone anymore

especially concert at Genting

transport and lodging are

always two major hindrances

 

and budget wise

I promise that

I would limit concert watching to

one per year

 

since it’s always the all or nothing

if I am going would definitely go for

the most expensive one or

just stick to DVD purchase only, if there is any

and hey, this concert is scheduled for 2013

so it’s quite alright, right?

 

5.30 a.m. Wake up 自然醒

8.30 a.m. public bus to Melaka Sentral

9.30 a.m. express bus to K.L.

11.30 a.m. LRT-Monorail to city

 

12 noon

sales booth was opened,

grabbed the concert tickets

 

and here came the long  

8 hours to kill

before the showcase at 8.30 p.m.

 

but if I did not turn up early

may not be able to get the

front-strategic concert tickets, right?

 

thanks goodness

the Queen was with me

throughout the whole day

or else I wouldn’t know how would I

have spent like more than 12 hours in malls

 

I just asked her like 6 something in the morning

and she immediately said yes

 

and thank goodness

the best part is that

at the end of the day when

we parted, after 10 p.m.

she was still in pretty good mood

no grumpiness or that sort of thing

 

I was quite worried, in fact

because she was there in town

even 2 hours before I got there

hanging out at KLCC

 

completely out of shopping mood today

because I just forked out like

more than RM 1k (in advance) for the tickets

 

food list:

the not so proper, as usual

1 p.m. super sweet éclairs X crispy crepe

3 p.m. spicy Tom Yam soup for tea

5 p.m. yet another tea break at Old Town

Tom Yam Prawn soup

 

shop list:

Sungei Wang – Lot 10 (Zara) - Fahrenheit 88 (Uniqlo) - Pavilion – KLCC – Pavilion - Sungei Wang

 

6 p.m.

before I got so dizzy due to

the layout and the shops

hunted and found the hairband

my niece Jazmine has always been asking for

because she randomly saw a girl on TV was wearing

 

that’s the only thing I bought today   

hope she will like it

I have been looking for it

and the most difficult part is to describe

what am I actually looking for

flexible bunny ear?

flexible bunny ear hairband

 

6.30 p.m.

there were people

standing at the concourse area

waiting for the showcase scheduled at 8.30 p.m.

 

here came the waiting

finally it was starting at 8.45 p.m.

autograph session at 9.30 p.m.

rushed to get it done

mission accomplished 

 

and here came another round of

transport mad rush

monorail – LRT – airport train – cab

finally got back to hostel by 10.30 p.m.

 

longest day ever

which I have spent in Kuala Lumpur downtown

thanks to a Taiwanese artist

 

the city somehow is

always something I am so unfamiliar with

 

the composition of

various ethnicities and nationalities and

those in between

 

conversations in so many languages,

some familiar,

some completely incomprehensible 

some the mixture of both

 

the spacious floor space of luxurious brands

which I don’t even have the guts to enter

versus

the mind-your-head and gap budget clothing stores

which you avoid being associated with

 

the great varieties of food and beverage outlets

which gives you a headache

but after walking one round

ending up eating what you always eat

 

but of course for commoners like me

financial mean is a huge determinant

or I wouldn’t mind walk into any restaurants

serving quaint cuisines across continents

 

p.s.

there isn’t much photo for the day

because my camera was running low on battery

must hibernate and preserve some energy for

the showcase at night

sheer blouse x skinny jeans x white sneakers

No comments:

Post a Comment