Thursday, May 5, 2011

Just Sufficient X Not Magnificent: Water For Elephants

Water for Elephants

 

Water For Elephants / trailer

 

this is something unexpected

a movie review assignment popped out of nowhere

a new movie in cinema

not too much of a choice, recently

and obviously, The Last Blade Man by Donnie Yen

will be rejected

no matter how good the movie is

 

the storyline is fine

but the movie is so-so

somehow not very impressive

especially the animals and circus scenes

I expect something way more spectacular

my mind was still driven back to 《Perhaps Love 如果愛》

the musical circus scene was awesome

 

and the complicated relationships

comradeships, love triangle

are insufficient depicted

too little time… too entangled

 

Robert Pattison

okay I don’t have any bad feelings towards him

he looks just okay

not exactly that gorgeous

that even a married woman would fall for

well I don’t know

love is just something so unexplainable, sometimes 

 

and the elopement just

does not sound right to me

I mean with a married woman

if you have got into a marriage

you are accountable for

all the commitments towards your partner

more so if the partner has not done you anything wrong

 

I gonna approach the book then

always believe in book more than adapted movie

i am not too sure

whether this is a biasness

but I shall stick to it

Water for Elephants (Book)

No comments:

Post a Comment