Saturday, May 14, 2011

Quietness X Openness: My Self-Consciousness

class ended at 12.30 today

we hanged around outside the classroom

for awhile.. talking

he hanged around too

with some other people

 

then we just walked by

and I got reprimanded

for not saying Hello to him

claiming that I am being too cold

 

it’s a weird thing huh

I am not that kind of girl

who will walk up to you

and say Hello

especially when surrounded with

people I am not so familiar with

 

and it’s a funny thing

then I would just text him

asking him what is he up to

yes.. my face-to-face social skill suck

 

that why sometimes

people will take it as

I am an arrogant good-for-nothing

who are not even bothered to say hello

 

so two of us

me and my bitch

spent three hours sitting

talking and talking non-stop

 

about what?

loads of things

and on a serious note

about religion and race

on a not so serious note

gossiping and bitching

 

religion and race

why would we care about all these

if we were to fall in love

I mean

it’s about two people

after all you are not going to talk about

religion and race everyday

when you are dating

 

and for me

I believe in religions’ teachings

but not rituals

religion can be part of your personality

but it shouldn’t be imposed on you

 

just like music

some may like Pop, Jazz, Rock

or you can even equally like a few genres

why would we have to be labeled with a religion

 

from the chat

came to the conclusion that

I am a self-conscious person

deep inside

I seriously don’t mind

anything everything

let it be

 

but on the outer layer

I care what people think about me

a lot a lot

what if they think I am a lousy shit

 

preferably

I like to be left at my own corner

being an open-minded free thinker

but I simple can’t

nobody can.. perhaps

 

no man is an island

neither do two men

you live in a society

made up of variety

 

regarding relationship

for me.. it has never been easy

and smooth-sailing all the while

it’s always trial and error

but this time round

I seriously don’t know

 

I ponder over it a lot

but sometimes

can’t help letting my mind wandering to him

I keep asking myself why

 

now I realize the situation

always portrayed in novels, TV etc

liking somebody you are not supposed to

can be quite troublesome, sometimes

 

but maybe it’s not as bad as it seems to be

because in this world

it can be friend/lover/nothing

but how about something in between?

friend with passion for a lover

lover with nothing at all, maybe money

 

if it is a trial and error

what if I fall too deep in

but I end up hurting myself

and the other party

no pain no gain

but what would I gain

at the end of the day

memories and sighs

 

the good long talk

ended at 3.30 pm

I am good at talking

only in small circle of two

because … yes

I am an ANTI-SOCIAL

blek

 

but it is a weird thing

an anti-social doesn’t like shopping

an anti-social wouldn’t be bothered to dress up

but I do

because…

I am an anti-social with self-consciousness

 

outside my housemate is quarrelling

with the Singaporean boyfriend

over the phone again

shouting and shouting

she is doing this on weekly basis, I think

that’s definitely not something I like

such a waste of energy

 

if I am mad

I would rather cut the line

laze on my corner (like now)

and start blogging about it

 

an anti-social with self-consciousness

is falling into a quicksand now

save her please

 

Friends, Lovers or Nothing / John Mayer

 

Friends, Lovers or Nothing / John Mayer

Now that we are over
As the loving kind
We'll be dreaming ways
To keep the good alive

Only when we want is not
A compromise
Ill be pouring tears
Into your drying eyes

Friends, lovers, or nothing
There can only be one
Friends, lovers, or nothing
We'll never be the inbetween
So give it up

You whisper 'Come on over'
Cause your two drinks in
But in the morning I will say
Good-bye again

Think we'll never fall into
The jealous game
The streets will flood
With blood of those who felt the same

Friends, lovers, or nothing
There can only be one
Friends, lovers, or nothing
We'll never be the inbetween
So give it up

Friends, lovers, or nothing
There can only be one
Friends, lovers, or nothing
We'll never an inbetween
So give it up
We'll never an inbetween
No we'll never the inbetween
So give it up
So give it up

No comments:

Post a Comment