Sunday, October 10, 2010

Collectibles Conman

collectibe shop @ Bukit Cina, Melaka

after last week Flee market morning

I fell for something called Vespa

here you are.. C'est La Vespa

 

today finally dad explained

why he won’t get a Vespa

once upon a time

one of my uncles,

I got 5 in total

anyway this guy was brought home

bandaged head, in a taxi

his Vespa skidded

on his way to Port Dickson

 

so my dad explained

that’s what a Vespa is

the tires are so small

it’s even dangerous at cornering

 

and it’s quite difficult to

get it ignited

those kind you have to

step on the paddles

“vrrrooo…….”

dead…

“vvrroooo”

dead…

he got stuck once

far far away outskirt

at his friend’s house

dead

 

but I didn’t give up

finally get him to this

collectibles shop

I remembered the last time I was there

this guy got a few

he was halfway fixing

halfway selling

 

but today

all gone…

even those old bicycles…

all gone…

 

tin toysold vinyl records, mostly Elvisthis Hacks guy has been around quite awhile dthe horse is kinda cuteis this a Titanic?food carriers in all sizesNestle Tea Pot and Carnationlovely mini gardenhuge painting on a piece of cloth, old streetspainting within paintinglet the sun falls downEssoold cameraheyeah... keep on rockingSeiko1964 And Love  Forever New by Dorothy Blackold atriumloads cigrattes platesPlayers Navy Cut, one is thinner and uglier

climbing MonkeyBig ShowDad's hero, Astro Boy drawingentertainment mag during the 60'snothing... just a huge light bulba Roman soldiera poor cat looking for her kidsnice Raleigh ad

 

one businessman-like man stopped by

English spoken Malay

asking

how much are you selling

for that Shell plate

Shell Motor Oil

 

the shop owner replied

nope I am not selling it

it is for display only

 

then showed the man

the other one in there

exactly the same

but the side already broken

the “Shell” logo was no longer intact

and he offered it at the price of rm 1600

the man asked

“are you kidding”

 

then the man left

after taking photo

the owner said

he is not going to sell this

got it for rm 1600

will let go at least at the price of

rm 4000

 

oh my

what a crazy idea

a metal plate for 4k

 

then another woman

asked, how much are you selling

for that wooden rocking chair

“nope, I am not selling it”

“well.. since it’s you

how about rm 150…”

the rocking chair

 

then I begun to realize

this is the trick of an antique man

what ever stuffs sold there

are considered one and only

then he will jack up the price

 

this is what antique is

if already madly fallen in love

you will pay what ever price it take

to own it

because before you know it

maybe someone else already happily taking it home

 

okay we fell into the trap too

saw two antique writing desks

saw one ages ago

offered at a reasonable price

almost interested

but the antique shop closed down

 

I fell for this one

because the interior drawers looked like

a building with porch, staircases and pillarswriting desk

 

but dat fancied the darker one

with a cool rounded cover

left: rm 1300

right: rm 1600

two writing desks

 

finally I agreed with him

that curvy curve one looked nicer

this looked a bit coffinish

lol.. I just like that interior design

offered him rm 1000

he said no way

then he will be running at a loss

 

then just hang around

waiting for him to change his mind

then my crazy dad discovered something

the chairs we were sitting on

are real antiques

brought it under the direct sunlight

to take a proper check

he has got six in total

chinese chair

 

how much each?

rm 1200..

no less?

nope.. that’s the minimum…

rm 1000?

no way.. I will be making a loss then…

 

crappy man

my dad was saying

is that the way to deal

a desk and a pair of chair for rm 3000

he refused

insisted on rm 3700

 

he even showed us

the bill he paid for

fixing these stuffs

then we were calculating afterwards

the chair at rm200 each for repair

dad discovered one of the chairs

the wood already rotten down there

so his cost for the chair must be very very low

 

let’s say for a pair

we are offering rm 200

that is already quite a high price to pay

rm 400 for fixing

rm 500 for buying the chairs

that’s the maximum

since these are already quite in bad shapes

he is already making a 100% profit

what’s his problems…

 

and the desk

he was telling us

nobody wants these

and opening price at rm 1300

not a penny less

 

conman

conman

he knows we would come back for these

if we are seriously in love

what a psychological trick he is playing

 

aha..

we shall wait and see

 

but I seriously want that antique desk

with the cover

it’s just like a piano

and I can write letter on it

with lavender-scent paper and

ink Parker pen

sorry I guess

I have been thinking too much

 

on one hand

I want a Vespa

to head to the sea

on another

I dream of a wooden desk

to write a letter

tomorrow

I crave for a Vinyl record player

to play all the old melodies

and tomorrow

I fall for a wooden horse

to go rocking all the way

 

insatiable animal you are

thanks to my master

Colonel Goh

No comments:

Post a Comment