Saturday, May 31, 2014

Stephelle's Kitchen: Why Baked Bean

One can of 425g baked bean

make four servings

Ayam brand baked bean

 

I therefore can only cook it

over the weekend

and this suits me fine because

 

on weekend

I would like to cook only once

and serve it for two meals

with minor "modification"

 

which will usually take me less than

15 minutes to prepare my dinner

 

Sounds vague isn't it?

a baked bean dip

served with wheatmeal bread for

lunch at 4pm

 

Followed by a baked bean pasta for

dinner served at 10pm

by adding in boiled pasta and water

 

nom plan changed because

I was not that hungry after all

make it a veggie soup then

 

just water and a tomato

the result is surprisingly great

given a more creamy texture

and fragrance which wasn't that

noticeable during the first serving

probably because I added in another tomato

Baked bean tomato soup

So that's how it is..

to add flavour to the dish

the baked bean I chose is

in fact the LIGHT version

with 50% lesser of sugar

 

So I added in

pasta sauce and chili sauce

to enhance the flavour and

the consistency of the dip

 

Why is baked bean ever called

baked bean?

 

Wikipedia informs that

the bean is actually stewed

Instead of baked

 

I thought so too

baking will take forever I guess

 

I think the more

suitable name would be

ketchup bean since it is

stewed haricot bean

soaked in ketchup

 

I don't know

who knows

am kinda sleepy to think now

No comments:

Post a Comment