Friday, May 23, 2014

Sneaker Freak X Gives the Slip: adidas Stan Smith

Okay it's less than 6 months

since I last bought a pair of sneakers

last Christmas, at ABC mart in XiMenDing, Taipei

Rollicking X with My Monster Sling: Boxing Day, Like a Boss

 

I have no idea why

the Indonesian cleaning lady

commented that my sneakers

look like Justin Bieber's

oh my.. It got viral

and everyone was calling me a JB fan

Vans Old Skool Hi

 

It's alright

it's all alright

 

on the other hand

i was monitoring the pair of

dream-like Stan Smith on

the official online store

 

obviously

the classic green and navy blue are

quite high in demand

 

the size I wanted for navy blue

was actually out of stock

left with US 9.5, and that’s all

which is like Big Big Foot

 

So the wait went on

of course at times I was busy

and didn't really monitor that often

until this look was uploaded by

 

Alex's C on Lookbook.nu

my goddess

and she actually labeled that

the Kimono top is from Primark

you see the impact

how a pair of classic sneakers can

turn the look around

normcore! normcore!

Lookbook.nu - Alex's C Stan Smith X Primark Kimono

 

So I struggled for

a couple of Hours

and ordered it right before

spending a week at Shanghai

because I used to suffer from

this Pre-Vacation-KIV anxiety

whereby those stuffs I KIVed

before leaving for vacation

haunted me throughout the journey

I know right

there was this backpack haunt x hunt back in Delhi

Nike Backpack Hunt

What if it's sold off?

Hey this reminded me of my shoes

Now I regret not buying it right away

What if it's really sold off??

and it went on and on

until I got back

so this time round

order has been placed

delivery to my company

under the name of someone else

from a different department

No it's vital step

let me just explain it

first of all

it can't be delivered back home

because my mom will get mad

another pair of sneakers?

moreover a pair of white sneakers?

then

it can't be delivered to my own office

although I can get my

fellow colleague to collect it

because i am always telling this Kenyan lady

not to buy clothes online

acting like an advocate of

anti online shopping movement

so my partner-in-crime collected it

i must say that

this guy is kinda sweet

First of all

he took so many pictures

of the delivery box

left right top bottom

Happiness is opening courier box

I was like

Hey go straight to the content

You want me to open it?

Yeah why not

Just do it..

Oops sorry wrong tagline

 

and there you go

another series of photos

top left right front bottom

adidas Original Stan Smith Navy Blue 01 adidas Original Stan Smith Navy Blue 02 adidas Original Stan Smith Navy Blue 03 adidas Original Stan Smith Navy Blue 04

 

and he actually resealed the box

which I expected him to just

get rid of and

took the huge box back home

instead of leaving it at the office

 

and hand delivered It to me

at my condo

along with a home-cooked dinner

Homecooked dinner x shoes in the box

 

Awwhh..

Sweet sweet

i mean the shoes

adidas Original Stan Smith Navy Blue 05

 

it appears that my intuition was right

when I checked back after placing order

navy blue is out of stock again

classic green was gone long time ago

just red.. There are plenty

 

So I don't regret buying

and by the way

I enjoyed 15% discount

for signing up for the newsletter

 

I got the feeling that

I am not done with

this adidas online store

 

Because there are plenty of bargains

And

I doubt you can even find

Certain unique items in store

So.. Beware Steph

Beware

 

and i actually bookmarked these pages

of the KIV-ed items

 

(i) adidas Neo Label X Selena Gomez LBD

at 25% off

i almost wanted to order this along with Stan Smith

to free-ride the free shipping

but the shiny fabric is not my type

so the momentum decelerated

and..

am i a little over-aged to wear SG’s collection

Selena Gomez NEO collection at the adidas NEO FW13 Winter 2013 adidas Neo Label Selena Gomez Little black dressadidas Neo Label Selena Gomez Little black dress 02

 

(ii) adidas Original adistar racer

it was 10% off

and now blue is out of stock

so is the discount, gone

adidas Original adistar racer

 

(iii) adidas Original Rose Mini Airliner shoulder bag

what i like about this is that

it doesn’t look adidas at all

and imagine carrying an adidas dinner clutch

instead of the typical one which starts with C, G, L, C

adidas Original Rose Mini Airliner shoulder bag

 

and they often send in newsletters of sale campaign

like practically on a weekly basis

i don’t mean i intend to fall into these

(but who knows, Steph)

i am trying to applaud their efforts

from the perspective of marketing strategies

adidas Online Store - Summer sale. Up to 40%   extra 10% off! adidas Online Store - 15% off for your friends, 15 RM credit for you! adidas Online Store - Now or never. Take 20% off your first purchase. adidas Online Store - Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy 11% OFF

No comments:

Post a Comment