Friday, December 27, 2013

Rollicking X with My Monster Sling: Boxing Day, Like a Boss

what a Boxing Day

which was split into 4 parts

 

(a) religious/cultural

early morning

while my travel mate is still sleeping

I went to explore two famous landmark

which is the Confucius temple and

another old temple nearby

臺北孔廟&大龍峒保安宮

Confucius Temple, Taipei 臺北孔廟大龍峒保安宮

 

(b) cultural/historical

visited the Palace Museum

ensued by C.K.S. Memorial Hall

臺北故宮博物院 & 中正紀念堂

Taipei Palace Museum 臺北故宮博物院C.K.S. Memorial Hall 中正紀念堂

 

(c) calories-collecting

it was almost 5 by the time

we left the memorial hall

super hungry after the long walk

and the nearest place

I could think of is XiMenDing 西門町

P1260343

 

Let's go, folk

(a) half of Hot Star chicken cutlet 豪大大雞扒

(b) Ay-Zung rice flour noodle 阿宗麵線

(c) Han Lin bubble tea 翰林茶館珍奶

 

"the proclaimed-inventor of bubble tea"

they actually went to the court

with another similar outlet for

the copyright of bubble tea

so bubble tea actually originated from

a classy place like this

P1260585

 

FYI

I had an extra large cup

all by myself

P1260569

 

my travel mate went on to eat

(d) spring roll ice cream wrap

(e) Sushi Express sashimi

*salute*

 

so in between the digestion time

we gotta walk right

to burn the calories and

to empty out tummy space for her Sashimi

which I have not tasted a single piece

all my life

Sushi Express

 

and here came the trap

we ended up in the toy store

which I kind of place

an item on my KIV list

toy store, Taipei

 

okies let's get it

since I don't see this somewhere else

although merchandise of the Monsters

are everywhere on the street

 

yet this is not one of them

Monster Mike bag

it double acts as a sling bag

Or a backpack

adult size but of course

it's a children-friendly size

 

we continued on

while my travel mate go

look for her KIV-ed stuff at Uniqlo

Uniqlo 西門町

 

it's a plain cardigan for her dad

unfortunately we searched

high & low

and went from one level to another

which landed us at Level 4

 

Then I was like:

Hey ABC mart is just

One level up

Let's go

 

ABC is a sneaker chain store

originated from Japan

with all the major brands

you name it

ABC-Mart

 

with loads good deal

good deals at ABC-Mart

 

this is the 4th of their stores

We enter, I think

And shopping is a contagious thing

both of us found something

we really like, so finally

at different end of the shop

 

We belong to the different camps

Hers is always red Converse

while mine is Vans in blue

 

So she ended up with with

A pair of Jack Purcell

In this dirty dark red shade

In mandarin we call it 豬肝紅

Literally translated as

"Pig Liver Red"

Jack Purcell

 

while me

still hesitating over this

really cute pair of

Classic Skool Hi in navy blue

Classic Skool Hi in navy blue

 

My concerns

(a) it's too Converse like

With the patch of white in front

(b) the red shoe laces are disturbing

(c) it's too cute, ie childish

(d) I still have this pair of

New-in-the-box Vans Oxfies

 

But hey look

(a) it's a crossover

(b) on top of the 50% off

(c) isn't foldable canvas something

I always wanted for

(d) the red shoe laces can be

Easily-got-ridden of

 

So I ended up

with this pair of

rollicking X Vans which was

the cutest ever pair so far

 

I actually found out

Rollicking is a proper word

which means lively

 

but this particular RollicKing

is a niche Japanese brand which

specializes in vintage fashion

so this is a Japanese edition after all

 

the walk wasn't sufficient yet

to burn the calories

we walked on across the road

to a chain boutique

Which is known as 50%

Fifty Percent

 

50% Basically

they label all their products as

The market price: xxx

50% off price: half of xxx

 

we walked all the way up

to level 4

since that's where the men's section is

and she wanted to grab something

for the bro

 

and I ended up falling for

another piece of man's clothes

androgynous is just so in me

 

Isn't it cute?

A like-a-boss mustache gentleman

Pullover knitwear top 

mens' shirts are too tempting

 

I know I know

I am not supposed to shop

budget for the year is exhausted

 

even before stepping into Taipei

I foresee the unexpected conditions

so I have declared that

any extra spending would

be dumped into FY 2014

 

and hey it's Christmas

So these are considered

gifts from Santa for..

for whatever bad things

I didn't commit

 

looks hey Loots

Monster Inc Mike backpack

50% like a boss pullover knitwer sweaterVans X Rollicking Classic Skool Hi in navy blue

 

p.s.

definitely looks better with white laces

Vans X Rollicking Classic Skool Hi in navy blue

 

this is too child friendly

my niece fell for it and

this is now hers

one and only time

No comments:

Post a Comment