Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stephelle's Kitchen: Cooking for my Parents

Mom and dad were out early

paying visits to relatives

so I decided to get the lunch ready

before they were back

 

very impromptu

no recipe no proper plan

basically dug whatever I could

from the fridge and

 

Here we go

(I) mee-sua soup

(II) siew Pak Choy with veg “oyster” sauce

(III) cold cucumber salad

siew pak choy with veggie oyster sauce

 

yet dad and me

didn't eat at home

we went to a Buddhist temple

around eleven

and stayed back for lunch

after the cordial invitation

vegetarian lunch

 

And paid our horses a short visit

I was telling my dad

how nice if they are still

around back home

since it’s the year of horse and

guests actually asked about them

after years, they were still

Engaged in such jovial conversations

 

they were bought on

New year's eve of 2010

New Pets for 2010

Welcome home

 

and shifted here in 2011

upon the request of my grandpa to

move such animals which only appear at temple

out of home

Happy Ending X Farewell Bidding: Hourse-Moving

love ya, horseys

really it's time to go

 

I can't believe

I was actually successfully

dragged out of home

and I seriously don't mind

coming again next year

left quietly while the lion dance was starting

 

And of course

would be more than happy to

cook my parents a full-course

Chinese meal (meat-free version) in

the near future

No comments:

Post a Comment