Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Now X Back Then: It's Never the Same

Passing by the tuition center

where I made myself present

at least 6 days a week

sometimes twice a day

 

Suddenly realize

how come life was like

tough too back then

during school days

 

8:30 am, Sunday

in a Physics tuition class

almost dozing off

driest formula ever,and

 

I actually attended two

physics Tuition classes with

differrent tutors to

make sure that I, at least

understand the concepts

 

Maths & Mandarin tuition classes

almost back to back

On a Monday afternoon

all the way till 9pm

It ended at 9:30pm

 

Certain nights and I

came home quite hungry

and quite cold too

 

There I was singing

“It’ a damn cold night,

trying to figure out this life”

in silence

 

Waking up at 5am to

complete some Maths homework

damn it...

can't get it done/right

 

Then I continued on at school

before the bell rang

by copying from

some reliable sources

while purposely made mistake to

camouflage the fact that

it was copied

 

Buying loads and loads of

reference books for

extra reading & practicing

before the exams

 

Entire holidays were

spent at home revising and

attending extra classes

back at school

on top of the usual tuition classes

 

Yet it felt quite alright

somehow

because there's some direction to

look forward to

some motivation to

push yourself ahead

 

Primary school

you look forward to

praises from parents and teachers

whenever good grades were achieved

 

High school

you look forward to

entering a good college

 

College

you look forward to

securing a good job upon graduation

 

But what's for now?

 

Such insignificant things which

I look forward to which

almost make me cry

 

Such as

being comfortably in bed right now

was something I looked forward to

while sitting in front of the computer

in the office

 

and the best part of all is

I got my wish granted

every single night after 11

 

Erm....

how simple life actually is

good night

No comments:

Post a Comment