Thursday, February 27, 2014

Stephelle’s Kitchen: Baked Bean Pasta

baked bean pasta

 

suddenly craving for baked bean

I had stock, thank goodness

being the only canned food I store

 

because I saw the recipe on 12 tomatoes

my goodness

8-12 hours in a slow cooker to

make baked bean from scratch

 

it’s alright

I shall stick to canned bean

 

baked bean always reminds me of home

because it is a favourite dish of my sis

so my mom will only cook it

when she is around

ie: Monday or Saturday

 

Monday

if I happened to be home

which is rare

that would be a holiday then

that makes baked bean suddenly memorable 

 

I think I am such a bad food blogger

because all I write is

what you have already known

 

(i) bring the veggies cubes to boil

(ii) stir in a can of baked bean

(iii) pour them over pre-boiled pasta

 

I bought this light version of baked bean

50% less sugar

which makes all the difference, indeed

sweetness is the essence of baked bean

 

however I introduced some new flavours

the tomato enhances the sourness

chilies sauce which added tinge of spiciness

 

having cooked the whole can

I store half of it in the fridge

to become part of my lunch box tomorrow

baked bean pasta

 

some friends wonder

how on earth can you still

find energy and time to cook?

not to mention

to blog about it

 

well frankly speaking

work life is a mess

love life… do not mention it

now it’s even worse than Single-Available-Desperate

 

the process of preparing my own dinner

the simple yet warm dinner are

where I seek solace from

it makes me feel humane, again

No comments:

Post a Comment