Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sleepiness X Restlessness: Where's the Balance

eyelids kept drooping

yet I refused to sleep

because it's a Saturday

the only night of the week

which I don't have to make sure that

I must be awake by 6:30 am

 

I am quite an early riser, actually

but being forced to conform

doesn’t feel nice at all

 

I used to wake up at 5 to work out

but uni days are quite different of course

because I could actually take a nap

as early as 9 a.m. if

there was no morning class

 

everyday

it's so frustrating to

come home feeling so dead after work

 

mind tries to work something out

but body simply does not allow

by 11 I must be in bed

or else the lack-of-sleep signs

will keep haunting through the next day

 

unfortunately

I am such a light sleeper these days

probably I still haven’t got used to

room-sharing with total strangers

waking up every two hours

At 1, 3, 5 am to

check the time

there was this unfortunate night

during the 3 am check

I happened to notice mosquitoes

so I sat up to battle for awhile

yet it took me until 5am

i.e. the next sleep circle before

I could fall asleep again

and soon it was 6:30am

yesterday I slept at 2am

rushing on some freelance task

the 2-hour circle applies

woke up at 4am

to finish it up until 5am

and soon it was 6:39am


5 minutes to 8

well time to go

every morning

I walk so slowly because

there's this half dead soul

underneath the recharged body

every evening

I walk even slower because

there's an almost alive soul

trapped within a half-dead body

both feel so heavy

that I have such nausea

and it comes repeatedly

at such high frequency that

I choose to believe that

everyday is my worst ever Monday

so go ahead and face it

all I could ask for

is some good-night sleep

nightmare free,

mosquitoes free and

Jerk-from-sleep free

not too much I am asking for

Just sufficient strength

to carry on my days will do

being able to

see the sun rises and falls each day 

No comments:

Post a Comment