Monday, February 24, 2014

Stephelle’s Kitchen: Yogurt Crackers

at times I crave for ice-cream

on my way back from work

so why don’t I get some yogurt instead

and decided to give Iranian yogurt a try today

 

not everyone could stand plain yogurt

I have come to realize

but I just love it so much

the more sour it is, the better it gets

 

Iranian yogurt is totally a different experience

the texture is less runny,

more like soft bean curd or that

bean curd desser 豆花 we have

taste wise, it is not sour at all

not as creamy as Greek yogurt

so it’s basically closer to the texture of

a dessert and less “scary” for those

who couldn’t take the

sourness of plain yogurt

 

I actually used it as dressing for crackers

just perfect

creamy top, crunchy bottom

a little sour on top, a little savoury at the bottom

yogurt crackers

 

adding topping was printed on the

tin can of the crackers as

suggestion of serving

but I bet they are suggesting mayo

 

a serving of 3 crackers with yogurt is

just fine for my dinner appetizer

it is almost a must to have

pre-dinner light meal like this

 

because after reaching home at 7

I have to spent at least 1 hour

for shower and cooking

so dinner is usually served after 8

by then I was already starving like hell

and eat in such big gulps and swallows

you wouldn’t wanna see it

 

so a light filler meal like that

do me loads good

at the same time

satisfy my sweet tooth for

something cold

 

next up is to buy this

fava bean a.k.a. board bean which

is an Egyptian staple food 

served with bread

something like Dhal I assume?

ful madammes

 

life is good to

try one new thing a day

No comments:

Post a Comment