Friday, October 3, 2014

Items Value X Wrongly Declared: Custom Duties (Un)Paid

okay the story is

I ordered something from Roxy

let’s set aside what they are

 

so when they are due to arrive

I got a call from the DHL man that

I have to pay MYR 170++ for custom duties

 

I was like what the hell that’s so much

almost 50% of what I paid for my items

 

so I paid accordingly

with much pain felt for

the hole burnt in my pocket

 

and went through the receipt and okay

let me break the cost down

one step at a time

 

so the customs duties paid is

132.19 MYR and DHL actually charged

40.00 MYR for handling the fee

20141003165306105_0001

 

in other word, that’s the charge for

paying in advance on behalf of me

wow.. I know right

 

I am supposed to pay 132.19 MYR

because according to the duties’ invoice

my items are supposed to worth 1321.90 MYR

so basically they are charging 10% import duties

customs duties invoce

 

wait a minute

my items cost 450 MYR

instead of 450 AUD /  1321.90 MYR

online official invoice

 

hence I traced back to the

commercial invoice issued by Quiksilver

which declared my items as 450 AUD

instead of 450 MYR

oh damn them

commercial invoice

 

I had a live chat with the sale support officer

and she asked me to drop an email

with the scanned documentations

as above

I did and still waiting for a reply

No comments:

Post a Comment