Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Stephelle's Kitchen: YUP.. Yogurt Udon Prego

For years I have been cooking pasta

I even declared it as my staple food

yet this is the very first time

I use pasta sauce in my kitchen

 

And thanks to my sis

she kinda knows that

pasta is my staple

so she bought me some pasta

along with a can of Prego

 

I was like

Eh I have not been cooking pasta

with pasta sauce

goodness knows

what I have been experimenting

 

It came in timely

because this week

I have been suffering from

stupid fever and sore throat

so spicy food is a big no

 

Yet It is always rainy out there

especially during the evenings

how do you expect me to

survive rainy nights without

spicy food to warm my tummy

 

So I used the Prego

as substitute for tomato purée

to make some warm

tomato veg soup

and pasta salad for dinner

 

The sourness is just right

because I added fresh tomato

smashed, mashed? to perfection

 

And today I am suddenly

craving for some solid food

sickness drives me dizzy I guess

was even Googling for

Gunkan Maki sushi

The boat-shaped sushi with corn

 

Suddenly curious and would like to

try making my own Gunkan sushi

Gunkan = boat

 

But it's alright

if sushi is quite impossible

then I shall have Udon noodle

for dinner then

Haha close enough

 

So that I can at least

make believe that I am

dining in a Japanese eatery

 

But well

this Japanese eatery

doesn't serve the typical

Udon in miso soup or Yaki Udon

Here's a new one

Udon with Prego tomato sauce and

Greek yogurt

Udon with Prego tomato pasta sauce and Greek yogurt

Perfectly appetizing
Heartily warm
and the usual vegetables are in
carrot, kyuri, sweet potato, corn, broccoli, celery

Udon with Prego tomato pasta sauce and Greek yogurt

The last serving of udon noodle

I hope to stir fry with chili paste

that shall take place

once my throat gets better



No comments:

Post a Comment