Friday, April 25, 2014

Stephelle's Kitchen: Cereal Killer

This is an perfect example of

bad publicity is actually good PR

Nestle Cheerios

   

Couple of days ago

the Cheerios FB backlash

which suddenly reminded me of buying one

   

let's summarize the issue

Cheerios came out with the legal term of

if you like the FB page,

you actually give up

your legal right to sue

   

Look, they have 1m likes on FB

hence someone started an

"unlike" drive which kinda hurt

and the snowballed effect of

non fans and organizations which

took this quite seriously

forced them to withdraw the statement

   

Haha interesting right

probably because I did a thesis on

crisis management and social media

these episodes never fail to interest me

   

Back to the story of the cereal killer

okay so I was reminded that

I have never tasted Cheerios

seriously, never ever

   

So I bought one

but I am sure it wouldn't taste bad

1/5 of corn flake

1/5 of rice crisp

1/5 of wheat ring

1/5 of roasted oat

1/5 of barley

   

Wait a minute

how does barley taste like actually

not the barley Asian boil as drink right?

   

Anyway

I still have some cereals actually

like another 1/2 kg?

because I was infected with the

compulsive cereal buying behaviors

not too long ago

   

It all started with this vintage tin

which i can’t resist and

i have missed a few rounds of getting

Kellogg's Cornflake vintage tin can

   

I found a healthier way to munch

Which is to

(i) mix corn flake with

Choc flavour cereal to

balance the sweetness

Corn flake with choco cereal

   

(ii) storing it in an opaque container

See no evil munch no evil

   

(iii) using a measuring cup

so that you can actually

set a limit to how much you eat

Instead of munching straight

from the cereal sea

   

before you know it

500g is gone in days

   

I have never eaten cereal with milk

a munch monster I am

the notorious cereal killer

   

so here’s my review for Cheerios

Erm

letting aside the dog-food-appearance

I actually like the taste of Cheerios

it tastes like Want Want Senbei and

also Corn-rice based Twisties snack

no joke

but of course the healthier version

Cheerios with choco cereal

   

keep calm and munch on

No comments:

Post a Comment