Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oh Man X It’s Ah Jan: Crush at Bank

Dear Lil’ Jan,

I don’t know who you are

but I really like you

thanks for igniting that

falling in-love feeling

which I have lost quite awhile ago



Jan’s Fan

 

bank

where grown-ups

specifically the above 35 group

busily running their errands

 

and 

where golden citizens

bump into each other

comfortably conversing in Hokkien dialect

 

especially so after the invention of

ATM and Deposit Machines

and even online banking

 

conventional banking

has transformed into

in my option

an aging activity

 

to the bank on

Monday morning

is definitely not a favorable way

to kick start your week

 

first of all

you wlll bumped into

this man speaking on phone,

thinking

“just a minute, drop by for a quick deposit”

when 10 people are thinking the same thing

they jointly-contribute to a traffic havoc

 

there comes another frustrated driver

his car being blocked

pressing the honk

(hopefully) secretly cursing

“who the heck parked his car like this??”

 

ok back to my own business

glancing around

hustle and bustle all over

 

oh wait

I saw something totally unique

among the “grown-ups”

 

a young man

I don’t really know what his post is

front-line staff but not a teller

hanging around the teller counter

once in awhile

talking to the tellers

collecting papers

busy-ing at his own table

 

there is something

about him that attracted me so

he looks so real like my idol

JAN LAMB!!

Jan Lamb

 

the smart-boy eyes

the thick and lively eye-brows

the ready-to-smile face

the almost-crew-cut hair

 

and yeah,

this young man dyed it dark brown

which goes on perfectly well

with his fair skin

 

young man

let’s give him a nickname

LJ… Lil’ Jan

 

and another fabulous thing is

LJ is the well-built version 

not that I am staying Jan Lamb

has got lousy built..

he is just the cute type

 

thank goodness

he is not wearing a blue shirt

otherwise I would have gone crazy

but a red-white stripes

looking pretty sophisticated too

at least it’s still a stripes shirt

 

the errand we were running

took longer than usual

 

right there

grandpa’s expired FD slips

was giving a little trouble

 

bank users of his generation

usually split their savings

into small chunks

 

and there you go..

different FD

with different maturity terms

expiring on

different dates

and even at

diferent banks

 

bingo

they don’t have to study economics

to practice risk-minimizing investment

 

at the other end

I am in a long queue

which didn’t go on smoothly

notes exchanging

the huge notices around

stating

rm 10 notes have completely run out

 

just rm 5 and rm 1

grandpa said he is fine with rm 5 notes

so I still queued up for it

queue at bank

 

realizing I have to fill up a mini form

okay…

off I collected the form

and re-queued

 

till my turn

“is rm 5 notes available?”

the teller pointed to

a miserably small stack of green notes

"just left with these”

“perhaps more will be available soon..

in a few days to come”

 

damn

I queued up for nothing

but it’s good thing too

carrying 600 pieces of rm 5 notes

must be quite a stressful thing to do

 

staying in the queue

didn’t mean that my eyes

have to stay straight to the front

my eyes were wandering

round and round

following LJ, of course

 

you have to pretend

you are not looking

yet keep looking and looking

 

and look out if he is looking too

if you are looking

and he is looking

there..

you look into each other

 

just send a nodding smile over

acknowledging the mutual attention

and no more

oh please..

not that electrifying scene in comedy

 

then back to grandpa

not done yet..

waiting and waiting

 

LJ was the one who

passed grandpa’s slips to the teller

and turned to pass some ang-pau packets to us…

 

oh that was the only interaction we had

red angpau packs

 

I tried my luck with capturing photo

but

but

the most public place under the sun,

Public Bank  

*lame*

so many eyes around

how am I suppose to do this

 

and zooming into the counters

under the surveillance system

is not a very proper thing to do

 

grandpa was complaining

how come it was taking so long than ever

it just gave me more time

 

I hate the queue

I hate banking procedures

but LJ just made my day

making my banking experience

a pleasant and memorable one

 

quoted myself on FB

this is not something accessible

via online banking

 

heads over heels

just can’t get him out of my mind

banker-Jan

so freaking cute

 

wondering if

LJ wears baby blue shirt and white sneakers

like Ah Jan does

Jan Lamb: Baby Blue Shirt X White Sneakers

 

falling in love

all of a sudden

is such a good thing to do

at least

there is someone to think about

to bring back that smile

and trying hard to preserve the memory

knowing that possibly

you may not see this crush again

 

no..

I will see LJ again

over and over again

I hope

1 comment:

  1. For some strange reasonableness, couples oftentimes
    times try to fix their marriage counseling of the
    relationship, arming you with the tools to build a
    successful marriage. The rating of dearest Marriage is Inconsistent with the knowledge that aid is
    out In that location, I stopped panicking some
    my tumultuous marriage... She loved her husband dearly, aid
    the twosome explore the retentive standing values of love and forfeit.


    Here is my blog relationship counselor
    my webpage > therapy marriage

    ReplyDelete