Friday, January 14, 2011

Isolation X Disorientation: One-Week-Hibernation

the story went on from the previous post

Loweakend X Higheatemp: Suddenlill

 

Monday

I thought the antibiotics gonna save me

but it stopped working after

Monday night

 

I kept imagining

the bovine source capsules

swimming and swimming in my tummy

not getting dissolved

and the chinese medicine

getting clogged somewhere

 

Tuesday

going for the 3rd doctor

back to the childhood’s doctor

the one I always went back to

when everything else didn’t work

 

family treatment

she is not really a doctor

or practitioner

 

guess it’s a family inheritance

a housewife lady who

mixes powder herbs

for the sake of helping

no qualification no nothing

so it’s solely based on mutual trust

 

so it’s the same chinese herb smell again

but have more confidence in

my childhood hope

 

6 portions of powder like this

3 hours each

herb powder

 

1st portion down

oh it worked just like a sharp needle

popping away those not-dissolving craps in my tummy

well at least that’s what I imagined

instant relief

 

I have not eaten for days

the smell of bread has already got me sick

yet feeling so bloated all the time

 

surviving without any medicine

for the third days already

yet still clutching on to all the restrictions

 

no chilies

how I dream of firely fried noodle

how I dream of the thick smooth curry gravy

 

the only food that cheered me

are these soft fluffy potatoes

for three meals

I have been eating nothing but these

boiled potatoes

 

one week

I thought it is going to cost me a weekend

but a week just went by …

just like that

 

hiding underneath the blanket

waking up to toy with iPad

sleeping back to the music

waking up to the hourly news

dreaming of the tantalizing spicy food

zombie-ing around in socks

 

the weather outside

is still pretty unstable

windy at times

sudden rain

skin penetrating sunlight

 

praying to cease feeling dizzy

the rest is not mine to worry

No comments:

Post a Comment