Monday, January 10, 2011

Loweakend X Higheatemp: Suddenlill

had a bitter escape over the weekend

let’s recap while

I still have the strength to do so

 

Sat, 08-01-11

woke up in the morning

feeling dizzy and hot

so got into bed again

 

I was not support to get sick

not today please

it was Cheryl’s birthday

we already have the outing planned out

and the surprise gift that I got for her

 

slept all the way till 12pm

but it didn’t cure a bit

too dizzy even to reply to msn message

 

finally took two tablets of paracetamol

what a good relief

got to sleep soundly

and sweated out

 

then 4pm

dad suggested to bring me

to go see a doctor

 

chinese medicine practitioner???

wth

I suspected that

the sudden fever

was caused by the 2 bowls of

chinese medicine for sinus

which I took

consecutively on Thursday and Friday

so I should not be taking

any more chinese medicine

it’s incompatible with my body

 

but I am too sick to argue

so I went

6 pm

took the 1st bowl of chinese medicine

by the way

these took 2 hours of boiling on charcoal stove

hope it was really worth the effort

chinese herb medicine

 

it got me really sick

cooked with 5 pieces of raw ginger

the heat was unbearable

splitting headache

that I can’t even sleep

 

okay

maybe this is just the 1st prescription

so went on to drink the 2nd one on 8pm

and the intolerance continued

 

till 3am

two tablets of paracetamol

sent me into sleep

 

Sun, 09-01-11

life went on in bed

breakfast was oat

then the much agitated chinese herb soup

 

the fever lingered on

till 3pm

cleared my bowel

slight comfortable

took an apple

 

mom was pursuing me to

take some solid food

but seriously feeling bloated

 

slight discomfort of the tummy

and all of the suddenly

threw up..

ate so little

and still have the capacity

to throw up

 

8pm

finally resorted to 24 hours polyclinic

which I should have gone to 36 hours ago

 

there came the problematic part

I couldn’t swallow the medicine

with empty tummy

so took a few bit of sweet bun

and soy bean (my dad’s suggestion)

 

within 3 minutes

threw up again

so how could I take the medicine then?

 

resorted to the family remedy

of egg-massage

it worked this way

 

an old old coin

fully covered in egg-white

and wrapped in a handkerchief

and massage it all over

 

so the change in the colour of the coin

can be observed as

black yet shiny

interpreted as there is

loads of heat in the body

after the massage

the shiny coinblue-black-purple-brown

 

then it would be cleaned

with this traditional cosmetic powder

三鳳海棠粉 the old cosmetic powder

 

then

finally I can see the year again

Minguo 03

which is equivalent to 1914

that was General Yuan Shi-Kai

his journey as the President and subsequenly the Great Emperor of China

中華民國三年 袁世凱 the portrait of General Yuanone dollar  壹元

 

after the massage

gingerly took the tablets

very much afraid I would throw up again

 

finally fell asleep

when I kinda felt the capsule

has been dissolved

 

Mon, 10-01-11

not dying yet

at least I still can stay up

and the last meal I took

landed safely

 

after 18

I have never been to clinic

whenever I have a flu or something

all I took is vit-C tablets

and let my body did the job

 

but somehow

this unexplainably sudden

bout of fever

really mystified me

 

sometimes

you will get pre-symptoms right

just like the thunder before heavy rain

who knows

the weather is already in havoc these years

so are human’s body, huh

 

no running nose

no cough

no sore throat

 

yet

the doctor prescribed

cough mixture and flu tablets

he was saying

these symptoms always come hand in hand

just in case

I got inflicted later

I need not come back again

should I call this considerate

or business tactic?

the extra medicine

1 comment:

  1. Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net) may be another choice. i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious sore throat.

    ReplyDelete