Friday, July 15, 2011

Curry Chicken X Tomato Fish: All The Mock Meat

all 6 days

during the funeral

we were having vegetarian “buffet”

for lunch and dinner

 

non-meat diet is always welcomed

but the conventional vegetarian meal

is not as healthy as it is supposed to be

 

there are hell a lot of oil

there are all the mock meat, fish, prawn, squid

you name it, they have it

 

everyday we have 4 dishes + rice

rm 6 per pax

this is the serving

for praying my grandpa’s

4 dishes

 

always avoiding the mock meats

as long as there is tofu, potato

I am fine with it

the green vegie soaked in oil

I will usually swim it around the plate

to let the oil stay on

tofu for lunch

 

the other day

I was transferring some cooked veggie

to a smaller container

draining the oil away

 

then one of my aunties saw it

and she started asking

oh no

my reputation as an anti-oil-eater

has already spread

 

I am fine with

meat-free, oil-free

the only weakness is still chili

trying my best to drain the chili oil away

before I “drink” my red poison

 

the oil that dripped out

is just like stubborn stain

the one found in mechanic garage

all stuck there

chili oil stain

 

if you want a really healthy vegetarian meal

then it is available at those

slightly high-class organic or healthy-living restaurant

of course

price is a different story then

and I am not too sure

if there is such caterer in town yet

 

anyway

thank goodness

the estimation of food servings are just right

low season, ordering 25 pax 

peak season, up to 40 pax

there was hardly any leftover

to be thrown away

 

and it saves quite a bit of money too

ask any Chinese who has had organized such occasion

he can always tell you

food already costs you a few thousands

 

it is more than enough

to feed a village of children

at some other corner of the earth

No comments:

Post a Comment