Saturday, July 30, 2011

9s1 X 4Every1: Levi’s 501

501 is shrink-to-fit

meaning…

Levi's 501 original

 

Jeans were originally sold "Shrink to Fit."

because they were only available in 3 sizes.

The wearer would put them on and

go into a pool of water and then

allow the jeans to dry on them.

 

The result was a snug personal fit.

Shrink to Fit jeans generally shrink about 10%.

Most jeans nowadays have already been

Pre-Shrunk and washed multiple times

(at least 12 times or so).

 

Pre-Shrunk jeans will not shrink very much,

and will always return to their default size

about some time of wearing.

There are some brands of jeans that

can still be purchased Shrink to Fit.

The most well known, is of course

Levi's 501s Shrink to Fit.

 

The tag on the back pocket will indicate that

they are Shrink to Fit.

The denim will be dark indigo and

very stiff and rough.

It is recommended that you choose

a pair 1" larger on the waist and

3" longer on the inseam.

 

The jeans can be shrunk a number of ways.

You do not have to be wearing them to do this.

Fill up the tub with the hottest water possible and

let the jeans sit in there for about 30 minutes.

Then take them out and

hang dry them over night.

Then wash them and hang dry them again,

and finally wear them for a long time

without washing them to break them in.

Read more: Wiki.Answer.com

 

Levi's 501

 

The Different type of Levi’s

Levi's 501 & 514Levi's 511 & 510

 

501 Button Fly

you button up your jeans

instead of zipping it up

Levi's 501 button fly

 

501 for the girls

the boyfriend jeans

501 for the woman

 

all about Levi’s 501

 

Shawn's Blog on Honeyee

LEVI'S 501

January 19, 2011

今天收到Levi's 送來的特別禮物

他們知道我喜歡經典的501

所以特地送了我這一條special editon~

Thanks Levi's!!

Shawn Yue's 501

 

done for the mini lesson today

thanks for your time

levi's right for school

2 comments:

  1. Hey there I am so happy I found your blog page, I really found you by error,
    while I was researching on Yahoo for something else, Anyhow I am
    here now and would just like to say kudos for
    a fantastic post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look
    over it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS
    feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.



    Here is my site :: sekine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy would you mind stating which blog platform you're using? I'm going to start
    my own blog in the near future but I'm having a difficult time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique.
    P.S My apologies for being off-topic but
    I had to ask!

    Also visit my web blog :: women looking for men

    ReplyDelete