Tuesday, April 26, 2011

They Can Last X Yet Forgotten Fast: Objects of The Past

not only I was watching

Opera of the Past

 

I started to dig objects of the past too

this new mirror of mine

the plastic one broke

okay I left it on my bed

leg accidentally “touched” it

and it went broken

couldn’t stand on its own anymore

 

how about this??

flip-able, pressure resistance

the old mirror

 

and remember this??

the scenery design at the back

mirror with scenery design

 

when collecting branded sneakers

is quite beyond my means

how about these??

kung fu sneakers

ah…tar….

and the plain blue design

without the irritating “tick” or “NBB” logos

just a cute penguin

kung-fu shoes

 

buy 10 pairs then only

it amounts to these

white sneaker

 

this is not something to be ashamed of

we always hand wash clothes back home

although there is a washing machine

we use the “spinning” function only

somehow clothes increased in volume recently

since grandpa is staying with us

the plastic one will no longer fit

so the old metal one is being used

big metal pail

 

but secretly

I curse a lot, doing laundry recently

more clothes, have to split into two rounds

and the bloody metal pail is so freaking heavy

arrrgh.. no choice

 

but I guess metal pail is considered quite advanced

back then, people use wooden one

back back then, people don’t even have tap water

back then, family size is whole loads bigger than mine

maybe I should just shut up

 

and the phone

I have been using for more than 6 months

no complain

excellent phone

and guess what

I found a gang at school

but mine looks much haggard

with the keypad prints all faded

the phones from the past

 

and learning to live without iPad

not that I want to

just that I left my charger at home

no choice but to bear with it

life of no Loltop

laptop on lap, tablet on palm

the battery that died

 

vintage is not about just another trend

for spending more money

more importantly

I think it’s more about your daily life

  • going back to the uncomplicated basic life
    • hence consuming less energy
  • using longer lasting stuffs
    • and hence creating less waste
  • recycle your old goods
    • once again, reducing waste

cheers..

2 comments:

  1. I was watching my friend's upload of Daniel Wu's interview by Seiko... he talked about not getting pampered by material and going travel in South Africa to live life without electricity. *gasp*

    You're kind of giving me the same *gasp* reflex here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been surfing online more than three hours as of late, but I
    by no means discovered any attention-grabbing article like
    yours. It is pretty value sufficient for me. In my
    opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made
    just right content as you did, the internet will be a lot more helpful than
    ever before.

    Feel free to surf to my blog; laser cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete