Thursday, November 7, 2013

R-MORTIS X Director’s Analysis: Cool, as He Always Is

I think creating anything,

the process is always really lonely.

But for me, I really enjoy the process.

This is a world that…

I kind of don’t want to leave.

 

I’m not a guy that… who is…

I’m not really interested in the news.

I’m not a political person.

I really enjoy living in a world that I create.

that’s why I love films, music

I love creating stuff.

 

It’s because I get to revisit my world,

it’s a world where I get to set things straight.

A world where I get to choose how…

my actors and actresses communicate with the world.

How they communicate with each other,

what would they do to a certain extreme.

 

This film like…

I’m working really hard with

the actors and actresses

because I really want them to… show themselves,

like the dark side, the twisted side,

and I believe that all of them are

working their assess off in

letting out a side where

they never really had a chance to

act as these kind of characters.

 

With my tone, with my style,

I tend to like my frame to be really steady,

to be really slow.

I like the dramatic change in

the human emotions, in their relationships,

how they communicate with each other.”

 

RIGOR MORTIS, The Making of / Juno Mak

《殭屍》電影解說 / 麥浚龍

 

found this Juno Mak official channel

while digging for RIGOR MORTIS clips

woohoo!! all the official clips of

those songs from the past.

some I haven’t seen, not even once

although being my favourite tracks

because those available are

TVB version, crap!

 

and the latest uploaded clip is

this RIGOR MORTIS, the making of

featuring Juno Mak as the director/writer

best of all, in English

 

he speaks perfect English

neither accent of the East

nor the West, in some cases quite fabricated

I don’t know

his simply sounds like

a comfortable tone

 

trust me,

live interviews and Q&A are as good

that’s just how great

our Mr. Director is

 

RIGOR MORTIS Premiere Interview

/ Toronto International Film Festival

 

Rigor Mortis Premiere Q&A with Juno Mak

/ Toronto International Film Festival

 

RIGOR MORTIS Premiere Q&A with Juno Mak

/ Venice International Film Festival

 

same tone, same content

but when he is back to

speaking Cantonese,

he sounds like a kid, which is

kinda cute  

 

Juno的僵屍夢 / FACE magazine interview

 

can’t help noticing

that evil Charlie Brown at the back

it’s a crossover between his brand

Chapel of Dawn X Made by Monsters X Ron English

which is known as

“Grin” Evil Charlie Brown

 

and it actually surprises me

he speaks decent Mandarin too

 

mesmerizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment