Thursday, October 25, 2012

Weapon Blow X Energy Flow: Tai Chi Hero 太極2英雄崛起

Tai Chi Hero 太極2英雄崛起 02Tai Chi Hero 太極2英雄崛起 01

 

somehow

can’t help but to compare the movie with

Tai Chi Zero

顛覆歷史 X 嘆為觀止:太極一之從零開始

which was released one month earlier

 

but there should not be too much a gap

because both are supposed to be

one single  movie

 

(I) the pace

is pretty different

Tai Chi Zero was fast-moving all the way

 

but for Tai Chi Hero

it’s like ups and downs

the emotions are definitely more

which is pretty alright

 

probably the reason which

contributes to

my weird pace to catch up with the speed that

is that there are way more settings handled

 

the hectic town,

a couple of “bureaucratic” scenes

the abandoned factory

the residence of the Prince,

the bustling kitchen

the quiet field

 

therefore found it a little scattered

and at certain parts when

the scene has already moved on to another setting

I was like, that’s all?

 

the kitchen fight

beautifully designed

but by the end only I realized

so this scene is supposed to explain

how the KungFu was named Tai Chi

anti-climax kinda feeling

 

(II) characters

eg, the KO challenge scenes in town

it wasn’t as fun as the one in Tai Chi Zero 

the Tofu Man, the little girl, the Mahjong lady

compared to the one here

the impressiveness are of a lesser degree

 

and it’s like a fast-forward scenes

zoooom, there he goes, beating everyone

 

and the surrounded scene

there isn’t this very powerful blow

there are many clumsy soldiers who

can’t do anything right

Tai Chi Hero 太極2英雄崛起 Angelababy & Tony Leung

 

on top of the different settings,

the flashbacks,

there are quite a few of them

which stretches the pace

 

by the way, Daniel Wu is a character from the past

living in flashbacks hundred years ago

I first imagined him as

someone the kid bumped into

in the mountain and taught him something

suddenly so inspiring

 

(III) the music

probably I didn’t pay much attention during Tai Chi Zero

the OST, on top of the “rock-style anthem”

there are several impressive one

 

eg,

the tango while the kid was kung-fu ing

on the roof top and

the kitchen fight scene which was paired

with a pretty “band-sound” music

 

(IV) Mr. Fang Zi Jing

Tai Chi Hero - Eddie Peng 02Tai Chi Hero - Eddie Peng 0367b3670ajw1dxj7ekjkgcj

 

I have already accepted the dubbing as it is

they even dubbed the voice of

the co-producer,ie: Daniel Wu

 

and woohooo

he has turned downright evil

as compared to the first movie

he was more like a pathetic dude

 

the evilness is awesome,

and more gorgeous

quoting the title given by men’s uno

he is a charming villain

彭于晏 迷人的反派 A Charming Villain

 

which I wouldn’t come to despise

no matter how bad he is

downright, biasness

 

previously,

the adorable baby face just doesn’t equate evilness

Tai Chi Hero - Eddie Peng 11Tai Chi Hero - Eddie Peng 04

 

this time round

he looks even better

with the moustache and the scars

Tai Chi Hero - Eddie Peng 08Tai Chi Hero - Eddie Peng 09

Tai Chi Hero - Eddie Peng 05Tai Chi Hero - Eddie Peng 06Tai Chi Hero - Eddie Peng 10

 

what’s next for Tai Chi 3

he was sent to a super human lab,

sort of mummified 

they gonna modify him into something

Captain America sort of character?

 

p.s.

I wanna complain about this poster

how could they omit his name

and there’s Daniel Wu, the cameo monk

hello… without the villain

the storyline wouldn’t be moving anyway right

Tai Chi Hero & Zero Poster

well, in short

I prefer Tai Chi Zero, in overall

but love the (muted) baddy Eddie in Tai Chi Hero

Tai Chi Hero / official trailer

 

Tai Chi Hero / PV

2 comments:

  1. Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was super
    long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any helpful hints for inexperienced blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it.


    my blog :: ford ranger forum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy! This blog post could not be written any better!

    Looking through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He always kept preaching about this. I'll send this article to him. Fairly certain he'll have a good read.
    I appreciate you for sharing!

    My weblog - fat loss factor review

    ReplyDelete