Monday, October 15, 2012

Vintagopia X MagMania: No Longer, PS Phobia

what have I been doing recently

besides stalking Eddie

 

I have been working real hard

no.. my nose is not growing any longer

I wish you really would, juicy flatty nose

 

well of course

chasing deadline

no, the other way round

deadline is chasing after me

 

portfolios are mostly due

in two weeks time or so

 

this week is a break

technically, a non-contact week as they call it

so that we may finish whatever has to be done

 

surprisingly

I am not doing any writing,

not even one

 

because.. most of the portfolios

require two parts

writing + design

 

there is an idiom in Mandarin

“蜀中無大將 廖化作先鋒”

originated from the story of

the legendary Three Kingdoms

 

before I wander too far

roughly means

okay let’s say

if you are a bench warmer

and always are

let’s say the star player got injured

then you would get to play,

for once, you do

 

so the reason I am not doing any design

is because

someone has to take charge of the design part

oh no, bless my group

 

I took PR instead of advertising

in the first place

because I thought I thought

I can do away with just writing, no drawing

all the way, safe and sound

 

but no, that’s not the case

not that I am good or something right now

at least

now I am no longer anti-Photoshop

 

wait that doesn’t mean I PS my own portraits

as an ethical user

Photoshop is mean for creation

not for modification, alright

 

millions thanks to my ex-housemate Cat

two semesters ago

because she taught me two very basic yet important tool

i. i can actually move layer to another file next door

ii. there’s ruler guide if your eyes can’t really look

straight, like me

 

then I came to realize

LAYERS!!

that’s the whole purpose why

PHOTOSHOP comes into existence

 

anything else

just Google it will do,

how to unlock index file

how to create puzzle piece in PS

how to create vintage effect in PS

 

damn, anyway

I am still taking the easy way out sometimes

you know those online generator

photo collage

slide show creator

photo-video maker

 

which makes life so much easier

I wish there’s instragam sort of website too

 

snippet of what am I doing

ooouch

what if…

just in case the others enter to

you know just take a look

karma is a bitch, bitch

just go ahead

 

let’s see the waiting list:

Promo-kit for an university open day

Promo-media-kit for a NGO campaign

E-zine & short clip about life as a student

 

which I shall reveal one by one

after all the respective due dates

 

I mean I got inspiration, clipart, font

via some awesome sites

so it’s my responsibility to share

what I have come out with too

 

not that they are fantastic or something

but I am really proud of myself for real!!

because I am freed from the long-haunted

PHOTOSHOP-PHOBIA!!

 

isn’t it always a dream to

create a magazine of my own?

and I am even ambitious enough

to create a 3-D flyer

not that you need a 3-D classes to read the words

but it’s,

you know sort of dimensional

you can hold it and throw it around

an object.. exactly that’s the word

 

so what do you think

Playshion01 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment