Monday, March 21, 2011

Mr. Sweeper X Miss Weeper: He Is Gone Forever

Mr. Sweeper

I got him from Watson’s 4 years years back

Mr. Sweeper

 

during the good old A-level time

where we purposely took train to Seremban

having lunch at the lake-side A&W

then hanging around the mall

 

 

so three of us got the different dolls

from the same series

mine looked ugly

but I didn’t mind at all

it is supposed to represent

sweeping all the bad luck away

 

it has been around

taken good care of

because it always brings back good memories

 

three dolls

which found their owners on the same day

one got lost after falling into the wrong hand

one got handed down to a cousin

the last one, destiny unknown

 

three owners

who started on the line

two at UK, no longer talking to each other

one went a strayed and found her way back

everything was never the same again

 

so I stupidly borrowed it to my housemate

there were two thumb drives

Mr. Sweeper and Liverpool Red

I detached Mr. Sweeper along with the 2GB

and handed it to her

 

self-realization fear

I thought by attaching Mr. Sweeper

it would be more bulky

it would be more eye-catching

so she would be most unlikely

to leave my thumb drive behind,

somewhere somewhere

 

till last week she told me

the day after her presentation

she couldn’t find it

maybe it’s with her African mate

 

I don’t care if it’s with African or American

can’t you just bloody keep it properly

it’s something you borrow and hold responsible for

 

so just now

trying to act casual

knowing that the chance is slim

asking her

have she found my thumb drive

and most importantly Mr. Sweeper…

 

hell

I don’t wanna bitch and curse people

you already know what the result is

 

“sorry..

but… I will return a new thumb drive to you”

 

okay I see

that’s so so kind of you

and I am so so touched and grateful for your generosity

 

and I am having this problem

to re-orientate myself

to the housemate’s role

acting friendly and all

okay, at least to stay polite

 

but…

you won’t expect there is a next time

that I will be lending anything to the same person again??

 

this is only the very beginning of week 4

and there’s still a long way to go

 

act nothing

people lose everything everyday

it’s just a daily routine of life

 

the more important thing is

don’t ever lend something out

if it really has got a certain degree of significance

blame it on yourself, then

No comments:

Post a Comment