Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fishy Smelling X Fishes Swimming: Wet Market Visiting

every week, at lease once

we will have this housemate outing

just to hang around, having dinner and stuffs

but for us, it’s already a perfect getaway

thanks to Cat who drives us

to explore places around

 

she wanted to stock up

for fresh veggies

and guess we headed down to

 

the 24 hours wet market

Pasar Borong Selangor

somewhere at Seri Kembangan

gosh my geographical sense of the area

is still so poor yet

 

ya that place lah

with a Giant and a Tesco hypermarkets

ya that place lah

turned left turned right then can reach

 

walking gingerly around

since the floor was quite wet

half way through

both feet were already sticky

ewwww… I need to wash my feet already

 

but anyway

I have came to the conclusion that

it is because I belong to the new generation

where wet market is non-existing

everything from vegetables to writing tables

practically can be bought from hypermarkets

the under one roof comfort

 

yes.. the people in the market

they looked at us with weird stares too

what the heck young people like us

are doing at a wet market

 

therefore for years to come

these wet markets will either be a history

or undergoing major facelifts

if they really have the determination to survive

 

Cat was picking chickenobviously.. those are chickensthe huge marketfresh fishes, nice fishesprawnsfinally, the fresh airthere were a lot a loteverything looking fresh here

 

goodness

they were buying the whole sack of potatoes

5kg for RM 6.50

potato people in making

 

for me,

it’s just for the sake of mind-opening

I didn’t buy anything

just stocked up from home over the weekend

 

and nice one,

I left my contact lenses at home

which means I must go back home

no matter what

less cooking to be done

more stocks will come

 

anyway

don’t misunderstand me for

the super futuristic generation

who doesn’t cook at all

it’s just that I don’t cook meat in any forms

therefore the smell of the wet market

is driving me away

 

but the people working here

always fascinate me

long hours, unpleasant environment

and possibly not very highly-paid

yet they are contended people

always working with they head down

yet always ready to serve the approaching customers

 

veggie makes me a happy girl

and I am fine with living without meat

today’s menu

sambal fried rice x veggie soup

sambal fried rice x veggie soup

No comments:

Post a Comment