Friday, November 9, 2012

Nothing Difficult X Yet Deserted: Frustrated ><

rawr!!!!

I woke up at 4.27 a.m.

to go to the washroom

randomly checking FB text

and this is pissing me off

 

well

we got into trouble with group member(s)

every semester

but never that frustrated

 

alright..

maybe it’s the accumulation effect

one day it is going to explode for sure

after snowballing all the frustration throughout

the 4 semesters

 

(i)

nice one, I am not *coming* to class tomorrow

any info.. update ya… <3 <3 <3

ScreenShot06

 

we have been doing the video at school

since 9 am for two days

and okay she did not appear at all

 

day 1: sorry I forgot we have meeting today

I am still in town, will get back ASAP

day 2: sorry I am having my other presentation today

 

day 3: sorry we are too sick of all these excuses already

what’s next

 

and just to bear in mind

so she is leaving the city for good

just to bear in mind, next week

Tuesday and Thursday are public holiday

 

hence

I don’t think she is going to come on Monday

which we plan to

 

Wednesday I am going for interview

so well, what do you think is the best time

to wrap up the not even 50% done publication

 

(ii)

we found a group of trio for 3 group projects

and for the previous two

how much does she contribute?

nothing at all

 

except the celebrity role-playing

during the mock press con

remember the design portfolio of mine

she’s supposed to help me with it

Green Logo X Food Horror: GMO

 

and what I got was

“actually I  found some information already,

but you are so fast, you are already done”

 

and when I brought the whole thing to school

during the day of the presentation

“so simple la”

 

yes I know it’s so damn simple

but we really hope to see such simplicity

in the design of the publication

and not chunks of mess

 

simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication

that’s what Leonardo Da Vinci said 

 

damn

and by the way

she still owes me fifteen bucks for

the printing and all

 

and we were still fine with it

hoping that she would at least put in effort

in this one and only task

 

let’s see, 3 group projects,

so we are only expecting her to contribute

100 / 3 / 2 = 16.66667 %

to the whole of our group projects

 

but right now

the workload is just too imbalance

it’s 50:50 between me and the queen

or roughly there

 

(iii)

I even made the effort to help her

with the other group project which

I am not even taking the module

ScreenShot04

 

hoping that

she would get it done faster

so that we can kick start this one real soon

 

and what is she giving us in return

ScreenShot03

 

this is after a long thread of discussion

and nothing is heard, nothing at all

from 15 Oct 2012 – 29 Oct 2012

we are all too sick to reply

ScreenShot2

 

while on the other hand

it always appears on the news feed

changing profile photo, almost on daily basis

replying to poking, this and that

but not to the discussion thread 

 

(iv)

at first we were told that the publication layout

is going to be designed in AI

okay fine

 

then the template we were shown

was all in PPT

well.. let alone the design

but can already predict

since there is limitation to what

you can do in PowerPoint

 

I gave some idea regarding the cover page

it turned out so

sorry I have to use the word *SHITTY*

and there is this patch of white thingy

against the blue background

which she was asking me to modify in PS

 

alright alright

I saw the post on FB

“who can teach me how to use PS”

 

I mean seriously

3 years of diploma

what do they teach, like for real

 

me the PS phobia,

can get rid of it already

at least simple one

 

the other part of the portfolio

is a video assignment

since we are doing stop motion

loads editing is done in PS

so if we are expecting some contribution

we have to give PS tutorial

all over again

 

so I ended up designing the cover page

so that the back-up plan is

if she couldn’t come up with anything better

then just use mine

 

at least it doesn’t have the

white patch thingy

looking so out of place

and some pixelated clipart

 

one more thing

when I showed her my individual pages

which was done like 4 weeks back

just to give her the rough idea of

what is the direction we have in mind for

our publication

 

the next week

I saw the “duplicated” version

in her individual column

wuteheck..

 

(v)

I sent her a text which reads as below:

ms. Fiza, i hope you r not that busy recently.

We r so sorry we keep troubling u so much.

if u r not going 2 uni 2day

how r we supposed 2 wrap up our comm tech work,

since there r 2 days of break next week.

u noe, if u think u dislike our group,

feel free 2 tell u.

it's not too late still.

TQ.

 

sorry this is the first time ever

I am doing this to my group member

but we do not have much time to waste

and it’s too late to ask her to do something about it

since the time we would probably meet

is on the day of the presentation

 

have you ever heard this song

《Sorry seems to be the hardest word》?

but some people just use it so easily

that it doesn’t mean anything significant at all

 

all I can say is

I feel sorry for you

and for myself and my group too

 

peace

 

but sometimes indeed

peace would only befall after a round of war

and nothing is worse

compared to a civil war like this

we would all be worn out

 

two more weeks:

1 video

1 publication

1 presentation for the above

4 final papers

 

rawr!!!

 

this is getting interesting

Steph

ms. Fiza, i hope you r not that busy recently.

We r so sorry we keep troubling u so much.

if u r not going 2 uni 2day

how r we supposed 2 wrap up our comm tech work,

since there r 2 days of break next week.

u noe, if u think u dislike our group,

feel free 2 tell u.

it's not too late still.

TQ.

Fiza sory steph…
during our meet last time…
SORY…
I cant make it…
I quite bz with my
consumer bhavior presentation…
then’I want to meet u gals buts
didn’t get reply from atila…
I try text her for our next meet…
I already show miss lai for the new slide n
she also tell me that we need to combign
all the work use the same layout….
she choose to use the simple design…
Steph Yes we need to combine, but when?
And r u done wif the content such as
acknowledgement & intro?
And the video, so u assume we two
gonna finish it rite?
Fiza yeah…I show to miss lai already….
she just want evrybody use the same layout…
video?? seyes…
I thought its done already….
Fiza do u cal me jus now???
steph I really sory if I make
u gals fel so worry bout this asignment.
n I know
Fiza do u cal me jus now???
steph I realy sory if I make u gals
feel so wory bout this asignment.
n I know this my fault not
giv the best.
I will send my layout thru ur email.
Steph I did not call u
ur text is making me speechless indeed
Fiza r u with atila?
whre r u gals?
Steph I’m otw.
meeting up soon.
U need not be concerned at all.
Since ms lai approved your work alr,
sorry it’s our fault that
we are so slow at video editing.

 

remarks:

(i)

this is not a motivation camp or military service

we are not demanding you to give the best

but at least, please show us

you put in the 16.667% of effort

 

(ii)

stop telling me you have shown the design

to the lecturer

while your group mates

do not have the faintest idea how it looks like

 

and why do you have to consult her personally

without letting us know

the two consultations classes,

and I don’t remember you attended any of them

you gonna be kidding me

so that the lecturer knows you did work

 

so how are we supposed to combine?

and when?

the day of the presentation, it seems

 

(iii)

yeah the video is done

done long long time ago

we gonna do a live sketch remember

acting clown in front of the class

 

and I can’t believe the moment when

we have to insert the video file

into your personal portfolio disc

for submission

 

I officially hate public holidays and breaks

people out there are having a whale of the time

while I exhausted my weekend

worrying about whether

they are doing their work

checking notification to see whether

they are replying to the discussion

 

life is good

life is really good

Charlie Brown Lucy football

1 comment: