Monday, June 20, 2011

Stephelle’s Kitchen: As Hot As Health, As Easy as Spell

some people wonder

how do I cook a purely vegetables meal

well, maybe not

like at least 80% meat and oil free

 

no!!!

healthy food does not stink

 

they can be hot like hell

spicy taste that will make you knell

 

welcome to the Stephelle’s Fusion

  • vegetables based
  • preparation time of less than 30 minutes
  • there must be a proper soup, because I hate eating my meal with plain water

 

let’s take a very simple case  study

2011.03.15 – 06:11 P.M.

sambal fried rice x vegie soup

sambal fried rice x vegie soup

 

it is that easy

  1. steam your rice
  2. cook your veggie soup
  3. scope some veggie over to the rice
  4. fry everything for 3 minutes

4 steps fried rice

 

of course there can be some varieties

different kind of chili or non-chili-based pastes

different kind

 

 

2011.03.21 - 15:31 P.M.

acar chilies

pickled vegetables in vinegar

cucumber, cabbage, carrots etc

with peanut toppings

topping is not the right word here

obvious I miss choc sundae with nut topping

acar chili

 

to spice up

I add in the ordinary hot Sambal paste

since acar chili is more like sweet and sour

the essence of flavour

 

here you are

noodle is even easier

since I don’t even have to wash and soak it in advance

I don’t have to steam it, just a 3 minutes boiling will do

presenting

veggie soup x acar noodles

veggie soup x acar noodles

 

2011.03.23 05:14 P.M.

on the day I am even too lazy to fry

just put everything together

steam it for 3 minutes

it is okay if I don’t steam them at all

just that I want it really hot

just steam everything together

 

then when it’s time to eat

just mix everything together well

as if it is spaghetti

P1020818

 

2011.03.28 04:42 P.M.

Mee Siam with baby cucumber

btw.. I think the term Japanese cucumber

is a little too racist

so let’s just stick to baby cucumber

but.. Mee SIAM, isn’t it racist too

forget it

mee siam

 

2011.03.30 05:40 P.M.

as you can see

I never get tired of the taste

P1030173

 

2011.04.04 04.39 P.M.

this is seriously good

concentrated curry gravy from home

with baby prawn too

and the thicker version of chinese noodles

which we call it the Pan Noodles

where you can practically “suck the noodle” up

and let the curry gravy splashes all over

sorry.. I don’t know another proper verb

but I am sure you know what I mean

curry noodle

 

2011.04.15 06:53 P.M.

rice on top

soup below

steamer and cookersoup x rice

 

then here you are

3 dishes and 1 soup

a proper meal in the definition of a Chinese

(being racist, again?)

and hey see…

I am not so vegetarian after all

the fish wrapped in soy

the sambal prawn

obviously, conveniently stole them from home

3 dishes and 1 soup

 

2011.04.26 05:57 P.M.

sometimes

the soup is even in bigger portion that the main course

because when you picks a little from 4 or 5 kinds of vegetables

you end up with a bulky bunch of vegetables

mee siam x veggie soup

 

2011.05.10 05:38 P.M.

do not ask me why

it is not egg

it is smashed tofu

because I just want that smooth, sticky taste

fried noodle with smashed tofu

 

2011.05.13 05:16 P.M.

crash course

on how to make your home cooked meal presentable

  • serve it in small portion
  • stack it up in a small hill
  • use some colourful vegetable as décor

fried rice with tomato

 

2011.05.30 11.03 A.M.

first bombing the kitchen in the morning

cooking for my friends at school

I never use frozen corn

just fresh one and take the pain to peel

but as I have already got used to it

can do it quite fast, without hurting my nails

corn and carrotready to cookdried prawn sambal paste

 

this is like the biggest serving I have ever cooked

have to take out the long-abandoned laddle

frying the noodle

 

thank goodness they like it

the comments are:

never imagine it to be so hot

healthiest ever spicy noodles

spicy noodle with carrot and corn

 

2011.06.07 05:48 P.M.

before going back for one week break

I just wanna get rid of the chili pastes

therefore..

this is basically volcanic

super spicy noodle

 

2011.06.18 08:25 P.M.

the day I decided it is time to cut down on

chili consumption

so it doesn’t appear so reddish anymore

the brown shade is not due to soy sauce

basically this is brown rice

yeah 100% brown rice

therefore the brown shade

organic brown rice noodle with broccoli

I bet this plate will cost you quite a bit outside

fried brown rice

1 comment:

  1. I am regular reader, how are you everybody?
    This post posted at this website is really good.


    Here is my site; Raspberry ketone

    ReplyDelete