Saturday, December 24, 2016

Osaka Shoptripping 01: Shocking Shopaholic

When I was made to plan and lead this trip

i mean half pressurized and half rushed into

and from the previous Seoul-random trip

 

i kinda expect that shopping will

occupy quite a large portion of time

out of this trip

 

but i never expect that it will

actually go so out of control that

with the exception of two attractions

which barely took 1-2 hours each

the rest are all shopping

Loots from Rinku Premium OutletLoots from Mitsui Outlet ParkSouvenirs from Dotonbori

 

Places we spent time shopping include:

  • Dōtonbori + Shinsaibashi
  • Mitsui Outlet Park
  • Rinku Premium Outlet
  • Department stores at Umeda
  • Supermarket e.g. Mio, Foodium
  • Aeon Mall
  • Health & personal care stores
  • Convenient Stores
  • KIX Kansai International Airport

 

Places we sacrificed instead:

  • Universal Studio Japan
  • Nara
  • Kyoto
  • Kobe
  • Kuromon Market (walking distance!!)

 

so that’s why this trip is named OST

i doubt i will have other aspects to talk about

but that definitely doesn’t apply to me

due to the following reasons

 

(1) the shops my “clients” spend time at

are so not my level at all

i.e. Kanken vs Kate Spade

 

(2) as a tour guide

i would prioritize my task

instead of shopping

e.g. will offer to look after bags

 

(3) luggage space and/or weight

as i usually don’t carry a luggage

my shopping is pretty limited

in the sense that

the most I can/will do is to

open a new hand-carry tote bag

and that’s my shopping quota

 

as my beloved sister started

buying more and more

not only that

my items which were previously with her

since she complaint it was too light

got kicked out from her luggage

 

my personal shopping quota

got sliced of course as

I have to help her carrying her stuff

the same applies to

quota for weight limit

 

last but most importantly

I am not at all a shopaholic

shame on me

i don’t even qualify

compared to them

 

some of the amazingly shopaholic moments

(1) shopped from noon-night

until the shops closed at 8

we were still inside

 

and we met the salesperson

on the way to the train station

he even showed us the way

 

(2) discussed about bags at 2 AM

and decided to buy very last minute

right before we checked out

entered the store right after it opened

 

(3) buying bags (and others) from

Kate Spade, Coach, Michael Kors

as well as Anello at the other end

like all of them did!!

 

i was the one without new bags

instead I lend my tote bags

to them so that they can

carry their souvenirs

 

(4) Thank goodness

we were staying at an apartment

can’t imagine if we were to

stay at hotel flooded with

new loots every single night

 

a typical day in the living room

trying to figure out which is

yours and mine

can’t imagine if

we were to get small hotel rooms

i consider our unit quite large..

 

hand-carry is like

more and more shopping to be done

 

touching down like…

that's for two

No comments:

Post a Comment