Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Stephelle’s Kitchen: Green Bean Porridge

green bean poridge

 

I am not too sure whether

am I the weird one

cooking beans with rice

couple of my housemates are like

“oh really, you can eat bean this way?”

 

and clarification

the orange slices in the photos

they are definitely not carrot

just sweet potato

 

that’s right

green bean porridge with sweet potato

my recent favourite choice

for a light dinner

 

to play a little gimmick

make it a little sweeter

and dipping white bread into it

the bread constantly melted into the porridge

 

no joke

it is so warm and filling

just like how you dip bread

into the burning Satay Celup hotpot

 

since it is quite a huge serving

I finish half

and half is in the fridge

 

adding in a little water

cold green bean soup

I will have it for supper

along with my stone-hard crackers

plain crackers

 

of all the beans

green bean is my favourite

I call it the summer bean

a perfect dessert ingredient

to be served on a hot day

 

simple yet satisfying

no matter how fatigue the day is

this is the satisfaction of cooking

not being able to substitute with any

luxurious meal eaten outside

No comments:

Post a Comment