Sunday, March 1, 2009

Underneath My Skin

a lazy morning don't feel like doing anything

time for some reflections

*

in the morning, Jessie @ 903

discussed how true we are to ourselves

try to wrap up what i have absorbed

*

---90 percent of people out there

do not enjoy what they are doing now

*

we are not always true to ourselves

our actions are always influenced by

- parents

- money

- time constraint

- social stigma and norm

- people around you

*

we wear a mask around

wearing the mask, I lose myself

removing the mask, I lose you

(quote from  a book)

*

what do you want to achieve in life?

earn loads money

hence, we become the slaves of money

*

back to myself

hanging around here

I am not even doing what I like

I don’t quite like Econs

at this point of time

especially statistics

but I don’t have a choice now

*

still happily surfing college websites

looking for LLB programs offered

ok, 7 years down the road

I shall give myself a second alternative

*

but maybe i have already

wasted my youth away

doing things I don’t really like

and struggle along the way

*

I don’t know how

changing major is an option

but what to major in?

*

can easily choose another major

but once again

- how is the job prospect

- how would it worry your parents

- how would the others view you

- how much time can you afford to waste

- how much money you are throwing away

*

here is a tentative plan

- I work hard to finish off my 3 years + here

- get a job to pay off my loan and serve my bond

- then save enough money to do a LLB degree

- go UK to finish off this degree

- I wanna go back home

*

but time is the factor

by the time i finish step 2

i am most probably 27 to 28 already

provided that i can clear the 50k loan

provided that i can find a job

so the possibility of carrying out this plan

is almost nil 

False hope = No hope

what would I want to entertain myself

*

underneath my skin 

there is my heart

i can heart it is beating

but it doesn’t have its own rhyme anymore

*

it is just surviving

for the sake of surviving

I am doing things

for the sake of doing

*

3 comments:

  1. tomorrow tomorrow and tomorrow .. is just the same old day

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the meantime, you should just enjoy what you are doing and make it an enjoyable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeh i love the quote about the mask..
    i was wondering also..engineering sucks!

    ReplyDelete