Friday, March 27, 2009

The Not So Worth It Skirt

first of all,

a caution to every lovely reader

who is currently reading till this line

*

this post is not about my crazy shopping again

this is something serious

something relevant to economics

*

today is kinda special

but i don’t know why is it so

*

went jogging again in the morning

didn’t go to the library in the morning

slacking in the room

do some assignments

and trying out my dresses, haha

had a nice nap in the afternoon

*

and suddenly felt like

wearing skirt to school today

for the entire 8 months in NUS

I have never worn a skirt to school before

*

the reason being is troublesome

arts faculty is hilly,

quite a lot of staircase to climb    

i always sit crossed-leg

(the meditation way) in class

sometimes a leg even stretched

across to the chair opposite

in the library (the kopitiam way)

underneath the table of course

*

today i wore this skirt to class

and on my way back 

I was thinking about my pretty dresses again

oh my god I am so obsessed with them

*

then my thought was diverted

back to the skirt i was wearing

this skirt I got from Padini

it cost me something like rm 100,

*

gosh i was horrified by this thought

can’t you see the link?

this simple skirt can buy me 4 cheaper dresses…

which four, see here

*

the opportunity cost is 1:4

and this is not even something branded

it is just a new arrival at Padini

*

i want to clarify that it’s not that

i would not support made in Malaysia

i would not buy from Padini anymore

i wanna show off i can afford a rm 100 skirt

*

rather the main points here are

i have grown through my shopping journey    

i have learnt to apply economics theory in life

i have came to accept that it is not necessary to buy branded stuffs all the time

*

even though i myself doubted

i would not buy any branded stuff again

*

i got quite a lot of treasures

to bring back home tomorrow

*

why do i have to bring everything home?

show it to my dear family

have already showed them the photos

*

let my sis pick one of the dresses

she can have it, i don’t mind

but i doubt my own generosity

i will give up the black one i guess

*

will hang them in my wardrobe nicely

a nice warm welcome to them

to my wardrobe before i wear them    

*

will try them out again

in front of the big mirror and

experiment with different mix and matching

*

this is also an issue of accountability

i have the responsibility not to

hide from my parents on

how i spend my pocket money    

*

will wash them thoroughly

and expose them under the sun

before i wear them

i can imagine how wonderful it is

to see 6 dresses hanging

swinging to and fro under the sun

especially my summer dresses

*

p.s. 

sorry mom

i never intend to give you extra work

i will wash them on my own

can’t you see,

i am a prudent, wise consumer.

i used to be wise too

but now wiser than ever….

*

cheers

my Padini Authentic mini skirt

  *

image 

it’s 9 hours actually

i am going out at 7am

things i have to do within

the 9 hours before i leave

*

wash my MNG sweater

i know bout 60 earth hours

but i gonna leave my fan on for 2 days

otherwise my sweater will stink

*

mop the floor

this week observed less hair on the floor

*

pack up my treasures

expect difficulty to fit them all in a bag

*

pack up the other usual stuffs

list already compiled

*

finish watching Big Winter Melon 12

it ain’t loading well now

*

have a decent hairwash and thorough blow-dry    

enjoy a cup of Milo

and lastly to unplug Ms. Elle

forgot to unplug her twice

and she got dehydrated

*

1 comment:

  1. u should have realized earlier b4 age of 20(from ur profile)

    ReplyDelete