Wednesday, May 16, 2018

2018/05/15: ASOS-PayPal, GBP/USD?

when i last shopped at ASOS

i realized that the final price

charged to my PayPal was actually

higher than the price displayed on ASOS

Never Ending X Christmas Shopping: HU HU HU

*

but i didn’t really probe further

since the damage had been done

*

and this time round

omg yeah i broke my promise to shop

well as you can see

it has been almost 6 months

since i last checked out from ASOS

*

and in the past 5.5 month

i haven’t really bought much

like literally nothing at all

no apparel and sneaker at all

*

except 3 bags,

which are like necessities

no i didn’t blog about them

not because it’s a cheat

*

because i am confident enough that

my loots will be so so little

by the end of this six month ban

so i can just compile them all

in a single post

*

until yesterday

my fellow shopper told me about

20% storewide at ASOS

i seriously wasn’t aware

until she told me

*

so i opened and

checked out three

plain tee shirts

i have KIV-ed

*

nothing fanciful

these are essential alight

ASOS 20% off everything

*

well i am used to having USD

as my base currency

since i am quite used to it

and more importantly

GBP actually gives me

a false impression that

everything is dirt cheap

ASOS 20% off everything

*

then to my surprise

it’s actually cheaper

to check out using GBP

okay that makes sense as

GBP is their home currency

*

if my default currency is USD

then i would have paid 56.22 USD

after taking 20% off

PayPal ASOS

*

if i set GBP as default currency

then i’ll check out in GBP

but to be converted into USD

by PayPal, instead of ASOS

*

the total amount is 50.41 USD

instead of 56.22 USD

ASOS PayPal

*

i am actually hoping that

they take their own sweet time

to ship my item

like i don’t mind if

it reaches after June

*

so that i wouldn’t be considered as

breaking my shopping embargo yet

not until i wear the clothes

which is probably after July

*

No comments:

Post a Comment