Friday, May 26, 2017

Blogging without X Open Live Writer: Is Like Living without Water

Friday Night

my goodness

my Open Live Writer was

suddenly not working again

not responding when I clicked open

*

it has never given me any issue

ever since it was made open-source

from Window Live Writer to

Open Live Writer back in Dec 2015

*

in fact I was updating a previous post

which I didn't close since yesterday

it was successfully published

*

when i wanted to open a new post

it refused to open or it crashed

i forgot because

i wasn't taking it seriously

*

so i restarted the app all over again

to find that it was not responding

it's like nothing will ever happen

no matter how many times

I clicked on it

*

i restarted my PC

and even tried downloading

the latest version

from Open Live Writer dot org 

but it didn't work as well

unfortunately

*

i was writing this from

the online Blogger editor

and i am so not used to the format

*

there are things

i would like to blog about

on a Friday night!!!

so i really hope Open Live Writer

will be back as soon as possible

*

I checked on GitHub and their FB page

thank goodness!!!

you are not the only one...

*

some other users were facing

the same issues as mine

and it was due to

an update they have released

Open Live Writer

*

oh man

it’s kinda sad

being such an user-friendly app

the page has barely 600+ likes

and you can figure out

from the likes of the post itself

*

it's the most important app on my PC

minus those I am using for work

like literally pinned to taskbar

*

it's kinda weird

it didn't even open

it's not even a crash or bug

it just refused to open

*

let's see

the page admin suggested

an update of .NET framework

Open Live Writer FB page

*

and i can't update my .NET

because i had disabled

my Windows update

.NET update failed

*

so what i gonna do now is

download a standalone

Windows update package

and update .Net 4.6.1

to see if it will get

my Open Live Writer

running again

*


Saturday morning

12 hours later

my Open Live Writer is

finally up and running again

From Windows Update

to .NET update

*

goodness me

download was taking forever

installation was taking forever

restarting was taking forever

working on update was still…

but it nevertheless works!!!

*

well… that actually

makes my weekend

in spite being

full working days

i shall find time to blog

*

No comments:

Post a Comment