Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Onitsuka Tiger X Canvas Sneaker: Marketing Crash at Montmartre

Paris is one of the best shopping heaven on earth

but unfortunately

not for me

because I don’t really buy

luxurious stuffs

 

was on a tight budget

during the 3 days 2 nights Paris weekend getaway

because:

  • rationing scheme for my Pounds Sterling
  • and it is so not worth it to exchange to Euro and go shopping,
  • whenever money changes hand, you tend to lose out some or other,
  • either on exchange rate or commission

 

I exchanged for 60 Pounds

got 60 Euros

and 3 Pounds something as changes

 

the rate is considered alright

but guess what

3 Pounds was deducted for commission

and we were conducting the transaction over ATM

and not even humans

 

change less, spend less

that’s my policy for Paris

and surprisingly

I ended up with surplus

on the very last day

did not even spend 1/3 of my Euro yet

 

Disneyland Paris

was quite a huge challenge to overcome

while everyone around me was

happily buying something

entering from store to store

 

I was loitering

admiring the architecture and interior design

of the stores

 

of course there were some critical moment

which I almost bought something

but was turned off

by the price

and by the fact that

almost all items is labeled “Made In China”

 

not that I look down on the label

I mean

for the price

it is seriously outrageous

 

and I actually caught them

marking up the product

one particular set I bought at Hong Kong Disneyland

for HKD 120

probably two years back

was sold for 19 Euro

 

exactly the same thing

except the word “Paris”

oh come on

you gotta be kidding me

 

okay stop bitching about Disneyland

which I would continue

on another new post, soon

 

back to the main issue

so 3rd day in Paris

 

last stop at Montmartre

Montmartre Church

 

a church on top of a hill

where you can get a panoramic view of Paris

and of course

whole journey uphill

there are quite a lot of

souvenir stores and stuffs

 

I am blessed with family

who never demand for any souvenir

where ever I go

I will grab them something

which I think they would like or unique

but no keychain please

that’s something very lame

 

eg:

one and only souvenir I grabbed

a green bag

since this is something my mom frequently uses

for 6 Euro

Paris je t'aime

 

and there were actually some stores like that

kinda like branded outlet

I did not join in the crowd

since I can get deals like that back home, too

maybe even cheaper

Paris ransacking

 

and a couple of sports outlets

at ground level

factory sport 86

 

was going round and round

and can’t get my mind off

one particular pair

 

the call of the wild

even stronger than those at

SportsDirect @ Lillieswhite

 

here you are

I know this doesn’t make sense

buying Japanese sneakers at Paris

Onitsuka Tiger

 

simply plain white

with a highlight at the heels

lovely lovely

Asics Onitsuka Tiger Win 58 Lady white denim

 

and so different

from their classic jogging shoes design

 

by the way

not too long ago

I just discovered on

how to get rid of long shoe laces

just go two rounds through all the metal rings

then it would be just nice

no more messy shoe laces

fixing long and messy shoe laces

 

that’s all from me

marketing survey at Paris

which turned out to be short and sweet

  • sneaker
  • econ bag

 

that’s all

by the way

my camera died after Disneyland

I didn’t bring my charger along

thinking it would last for 3 days

phone camera is bad an idea after all

this one borrowed from my dad

1 comment:

  1. Teггific artiсle! This is the kinԁ of information that shοuld be ѕhared аcross the web.
    Shame on the seеκ engines for
    now not positioning this publiѕh uppeг! Come on over and cοnѕult with my web site .
    Thаnκ you =)

    My blоg post ... buy and sell rap beats

    ReplyDelete