Tuesday, February 14, 2012

MADAME Alexander X happy meal: Girls of Fairy Tales

MADAME Alexander

is a brand of American collectible dolls

introduced in 1923

The MADAME Alexander Story

 

created the first "collectible" dolls

based on a licensed character –

Scarlett O'Hara from the book and movie

Gone with the Wind


that was the little bit of read-up

after I saw this

I kinda miss those days of

“chasing” toys at McDonald’s

therefore purposely check out

what do they have in store

2012.02.14 MADAME Alexander

 

should I collect these dolls?

no..

i happy meal is bad for health

ii I am not a doll-kind-of-girl

iii even if I buy all four, it would still be incomplete

because the whole series is supposed to

have four counterparts for the dolls

instead of Power Rangers Samurai

come on..

just give up

madame-alexander happy meal toys

 

till last Sunday

my baby niece, Jazmine asked,

did you see my Barbie doll?

“this one you mean?”

 

then she took out this one

so the Barbie doll question was a trick

so cheeky of her

Gretel of MADAME ALEXANDER

 

hey

this doll isn’t too bad at all

detailed design

from hair to the dress

braids of the doll

 

it can sit and stand quite stable

Barbie doll can’t

because she is too too thin

Gretel doll sitting

 

wooha!!

360 degrees legs movement

doll flexible legs

 

whenever it lies down

the eyes would be shut

doll with eyes shut

 

and she wears a panties

I don’t know

somehow I am very particular about this

pervert.. right

i like to check doll's panties...

 

she asked me for the story

and there she was

watching Hansel and Gretel with Lil’ Gretel

and said “Look at yourself in the iPad”

Youtubing as always

 

Hansel and Gretel / Fairy Tales Theatres

 

I bet all of you know

this story

the siblings who bump into the candy home

and almost ending up being her sumptuous meal

 

Jaz was doubtful

about continue watching

after the witch appeared

too afraid of the scary image

and she said, what if later I have nightmare

 

I suggested another fairy tale

scrolling down the related videos

I realized something pretty scary

most fairy tales

either has a witch, stepmom

or something else scary

 

oh my

fairy tales are not meant for children at all

and feel sorry for Hansel and Gretel

because they unfortunately bump into both

stepmother and witch

 

food for thought

should I buy the Little Red Riding Hood

Little Red Riding Hood by Madame Alexanderto play withGretel

 

or should I also go hunt for the

Alice and Cinderella in baby blue dresses?

you see

this is the biggest problem with me

all or nothing..

and include them as well?

Cinderella by Madame AlexanderAlice in Wonderland by Madame Alexander

 

2012.02.20 Monday

went Mcdonald’s to look for them

four pretty girls sitting at the display box

looking so lovely

well.. I think it’s time the company invests

a little more budget into the poster design

they are way cuter and more attractive

captured with an ordinary camera

Madame Alexander dolls in Mcdonald's

 

now that I saw them all

I regret my decision of

not buying Alice and Cinderella in the first place

simply because they actually look lousy

in he lousy advertisements

 

looking at how the creators package their dolls

the poster designs, websites and all

this crossover is indeed has been under-rated

 

and the difference in prices, of course

a designer’s doll doesn’t come cheap

and now as a free toy, with your meal

that explains everything

a monthly free toy doesn’t really worth the ad budget

 

but oh why am I turning round and round

regarding this issue

I mean, what I really mean is 

McDonald’s should be promoting these dolls more

and MADAME Alexander should contribute too

towards a better advertising campaign

and as the PR channel to

popularize the dolls,

pushing them into the mainstream market

 

but, since it is a free toy, anyway

why bothered about the campaign

but who knows

Mcdonald’s may benefit from the increased sales

from collectors’ or any girls who fall for the dolls

and MADAME Alexander may get second-tier benefits

as mentioned above  

 

anyway

final reunion

Little Red Riding Hood

with freckles on her face

and the elegant, comfortable looking blue skirt

the hood is removable, I think

but I dare not mess with it too much

Little Red Riding Hood and Gretel, hand-in-hand

 

dolls are dolls

happy meal is supposed to make me happy

I think too much, too much 

 

but why still.. all the girls encounters misfortune

before their happy-ending

who cares, as long as there is a happy ending

I think too much, too much 

1 comment:

  1. hur hur hur my mom collected all four! it sucks we dont get the complete set of 8 dolls over here.

    ReplyDelete