Monday, February 20, 2012

Eco-friendly X Arty-farty: Simply.Origami

“recycle your love”

rough prototype,

made from used cardboard

heart origami <3

 

first ever attempt on Origami

used to be envious of

those Origami-pro

who can make stars, frog, heart

 

you know

it was really irritating

when you ask

the person will tell you,

that’s real easy

but frog ended up limping but not leaping

because either the person was

too fast in demonstrating

or you get awkward with your stupid fingers

which didn’t get things right

even after several “rewind”

 

till I discovered this apps, recently

has been “conducting” origami lesson for my niece,

although it was the first time I was trying, as well

 

How to make Origami

available on Apps Store / Android Market

free of charge

including extra lessons for download

How to Make Origami apps

 

steps by steps demonstration

including 3D animation

on how you turn and fold the paper around

rewind as much as you can

without getting embarrassed or cursed at   

Penguin OrigamiOrigami Steps in 3D

 

this is a barbarian hat, supposedly

but you know

my mom was kinda against me making all these

because in Chinese.Taoism belief

these paper objects

are burnt as offerings

for the deceased, ancestors or you-know-what

 

oh come on,

so we switched to making mini-sized

hats and dresses for the dolls

and the huge hat was  used as a tent for their camping

P1120886

 

and actually

I planned this as a mini surprise for my mom

last-minute back off

due to.. SUPERTITIONS

okay.. it’s respect actually

and they always say

you would rather believe,

before crying over spilt milk

 

the Apps didn’t have this lesson

but I modified it…from

the bouquet is supposedly a flower petal

make a couple of them and staple together

then you’ll get a blooming flower

that’s a little time consuming

so, I got a bouquet instead

flower bouquet, prototype

 

it’s okay

this is supposed to be a prototype

it would be a great idea

to pick fresh flowers and

arrange them in my D-I-Y bouquet

or make some proper paper flowers

since paper flowers last longer than fresh one

but not for my mom, really

since she would start thinking,

flowers are meant for cemetery-visit

 

I know right

it’s kinda tragic

to make myself hearts and flowers

for Valentine’s Day

I gave “my hearts” to my parents

pasted on their shirts for quite awhile

and besides my family portraits,

dad’s Lin Dan and Bruce Lee posters, as well

love in all around the house

my Orginami teacher

 

I will probably switch to making more cheerful crafts

like leaping frogs and Mr. Penguin 

this is my Tommy Duck,

or is it a swan,

quite a ugly, fat duckling here

thank goodness the Chinese Taoist

do not burn roasted paper duck for praying

Tommy duck, quack quack

 

and yeah

I made a windmill last week

but it can’t really turn yet

unless I blow it then manually give it a hand

must work on the mechanism, still

ahem.. complicated engineering work is involved here

 

what a fun activity for me and my niece

on a Saturday morning

instead of drowning in front of the TV

before she heads back home

 

look of the day

weekend look for the weekly home-going trip

somehow everything doesn’t go matching

but who cares

that’s the advantage of being a kid

polka dot dress X pink bag X checkered flats

No comments:

Post a Comment