Monday, December 16, 2013

Nauti X Monkey: Pair of Sweaters for Me

was profoundly curious why

does the Julius by Paul Frank label

is being such a hit in the Chinese market?

which is nicknamed “big-mouthed monkey”

 

it’ everywhere

“hutong” 胡同 shop in Beijing

I was passing it by everyday

didn’t enter though

and I was wondering

is it authentic, yes or no?

Julius store, Beijing

 

and another simply naming itself

“Monkey House”

wow!

 

and there is one under the label of Paul Frank

in major malls along with other familiar labels

such as CK, Roxy, Samsonite etc

Julius store, XiaMen

 

but wait a minute

somehow the typeface looks funny

it looks like “Paul Smith” rather than “paul frank”

but the window display in these chain stores

look rather professionally set-up and

there is complete portfolio of

luggage, shoes and accessories

Julius store, XiaMen

 

so I finally experimented with it

on top of the fact that

I didn’t really bring sufficient clothes

nautical stripes sweater

 

and two days later

my dad kept pushing me to buy another

because he said it looks good on me

was’t daring enough to go for red stripes

which look exactly like Wally’s

nautical stripes sweater

 

this is a shop which specializes in

couple outfits and

family outfits, i.e. mom & dad & kid

神么情侶裝,俺自個兒就成了!

Who cares about couple outfit?

I am my own couple outfitter

nautical stripes sweater

 

had the monkeys removed

and hence they become a pair of

perfectly plain nautical pullover sweaters 

nautical stripes sweater

 

but that suits me well

the monkey head is just too much!

let’s see if I can make something else

out of the two monkey heads

 

by the way

buying clothes in mainland is

not as cheap as you would have imagined

 

this is exceptionally cheap

with huge promotion signage

RMB 49 each

 

sorry, what you’re saying?

no I didn’t attempt to buy pirated Julius

but still I am curious

why Julius?

No comments:

Post a Comment