Friday, June 29, 2012

Sit Back X Above Air: The Definition of HEA

HEA is basically a HK English term

it’s simply an abbreviation for “Hang Around”

 

which can be interpreted as below:

HEA (verb):

hang around leisurely,

quite the literal meaning

 

HEA (verb):

wasting time loitering

 

HEA (verb):

drifting along life,

flowing with the big crowd and time

 

HEA (adjective):

something which is done very

half-heartedly and lackadaisically

 

I realized I have used loads of

HEA in conversations,

especially like “Wat cha doing?”

 

“nothing… hea-ing at home”

doing nothing

 

but in fact

I am doing something of course

how could a person just sit around do nothing,

staring into the four walls?

 

but HEA is a

completely different concept from SLACK

I HEA, but I never SLACK

yes, i am a communications major.  no, that doesn't mean i am a slacker

 

I go shopping, yes

but I come back to

compile a marketing report

 

I go for movie, yes

but a movie review would be

uploaded two hours later

 

I go for long walk, yes

but my eyes never fail to notice

every single signboard, billboard

along the way

 

I take photos, yes

I would think of something to

link to in advance

rather than bulk upload to Facebook

 

that’s HEA!!

doing casual stuffs

yet without losing the purposes

 

HEA is acting lazy

but actually doing something

 

yet

SLACK is completely the opposite

you know that kind of S-hole

 

SLACK is pretending busy

but actually doing nothing

 

yet

speaking all loud and proud

 

I know right

the world could have been a better place

there would be less blood-puking

during group work

if there are less slackers,

busy-ing around

 

I have seen enough of these slackers

to identify one

but good thing that I get exposed to them

so that sooner or later

I would be immunized

 

HEA is an attitude,

to see the world goes by

and learn at least something from it

 

in a long term

it does make a significant difference, really

No comments:

Post a Comment