Thursday, February 2, 2017

There We Meet Again! X Network Issue: !!!!

touched down in Kaohsiung

smooth journey

perfect weather

 

yet i was stuck with a

laptop which can’t detect

any Wi-Fi network

while I had some urgent task

to start working on immediately

 

while my phone

managed to access Wi-Fi

provided by the hotel

 

and there’s no LAN port

in the room

although I did bring

the cable as Plan B

as always

 

went to the lobby

thinking probably because

the signal is not strong

 

yet the problem persisted

none of the solution

regarding Device Manager

provided on forum worked

 

last resort:

data roaming

 

yesterday I was using

personal hotspot

while working from the airport

and it worked perfectly fine

 

but back then

my laptop could still

detect Wi-Fi networks

available around the airport

although I wasn’t using them

 

it kinda panicked me out

when there was no 4G/LTE/whatever

when I turned my data on

 

so I switched to Wi-Fi

and found out that

I had to manually select

the local telco carrier which

is collaborating with my telco

 

so now I am on data roaming X

personal hotspot while

in fact my phone is

working perfectly fine

with the Wi-Fi

 

i could probably list down

a long list of bad experience with

internet while traveling aboard

it’s sort of like a curse, man!

 

now I have another 1234 words to go

no joke, that’s the exact quantity

which I hope to finish

before I head out to explore Kaohsiung

 


when I was about to K.O. the file upstairs

got another file about the same volume

to be translated into 2 languages

 

and i decided to go full force

and get all the 3 files done

soon it was 9:30 PM

 

explore?

thank goodness this was not

my first meal in Kaohsiung

IMG_2850IMG_2852

 

before I went on to K.O.

a batch of small videos for transcription

 

almost 12 AM

finally it’s about time to

call it a day

 

yeah.. have too

since the day is literally ending soon

No comments:

Post a Comment