Monday, June 1, 2015

First Ever SKETCHES: I mean…SKECHERS

my first sneakers/shoes/footwear purchase of the year

after being totally “detoxified” from the addiction

and it’s actually for my dad

SKECHERS shopping

 

have been looking for almost a month

at least few weeks in a row

have been to all-in-one sports outlets,

departmental stores, shoes stores etc

never seem to find the right pair

 

which matches the criteria as listed by dad: 

      • slip-on

      • non fanciful colour

      • non white sole

      • soft texture (yumms?)

       

      and a few pairs which were almost matching

      found at 3 different stores

      were out of size

      I guess his shoes size is pretty small for a guy

       

      finally decided to try Sketches SKECHERS

      where I dropped by last week and

      identified a few pair which kinda meet the criteria

       

      so a week later

      here I was, dragging my dad into Sketches SKECHERS

      with high hope

      yeah he likes those shoes

      yet out of size, again??

       

      thank goodness my fellow shopper

      reminded me that there’s

      another Sketches SKECHERS outlet

      at another mall nearer to my place

       

      why don’t we give it a try

      although we may end up being disappointed

      because I really got no idea

      where else should I bring my dad to

       

      so we ended up in another

      Sketches SKECHERS store

      which is nearer and

      found the same pair of shoes

      with the right size available

       

      I just realized that

      I have been spelling SKECHERS as SKETCHES

      does it mean that I have always been

      pronouncing wrongly as well?!!!

       

      by the way, this is the once we got

      which matches the criteria of

          • slip-on

          • non fanciful colour

          • non white sole

          • soft texture (yumms?)

           

          on top of that there are.. according to them

            • high REBOUND energy in EVERY step

            • MEMORY FOAM for unrivaled comfort

            • lightweight and breathable FITKNIT

              Skechers Go Walk 3

               

              lightweight is undeniably my top priority

              (with the exception of Vans)

              you can always see me

              with this ridiculously act of

              throwing the shoes on display

              from one hand to another

              or just trying to throw and catch it

              as if I am juggling a ball

              which is a sign of approval

               

              in terms of the lightweight-ness of the shoes

              and I would say that many SKECHERS shoes

              have past my “juggling” test 

               

              one extra feature I found is

              that although-initially-looks-funny-to-me hole

              at the heel

              alright I guess it serves the function of

              preventing heel blisters which

              bug me all the time

              just to clarify that doesn’t mean

              I am tempted to get the shoes

              Skechers Go Walk 3

               

              basically we spend at least twice a week

              in the vicinity of this mall

              during our evening walk

               

              but have never thought of

              dropping by this particular store

              went round and round different places

              even to somewhere further and

              finally ended up here and found what we want 

              that’s how life is, I guess

               

              the next pair is coming really soon

              as I paid with a certain bank card

              which I actually has never used and

              intended to get rid of real soon

               

              it actually came with extra reward of

              50 MYR  voucher with purchase above 300 MYR

              exclusively for purchase which is paid

              with cards from this particular bank

               

              I haven’t used this card since it was collected

              not even randomly trying it out or activating it

              thank goodness it didn’t embarrass me and

              I may reconsider

              (has already decided, actually) to

              keep it, after all

               

              and guess what

              just realized that

              31-May-2015 was actually the last day

              for this promotion campaign

               

              oops I had accidentally shared this out

              and my besties said she intended to go

              my bad…

              or perhaps she should be thanking me

               

              p.s

              I have not owned any pair of Sketches SKECHERS

              and didn’t expect I would

              and the very first pair at home

              actually goes to my dad

               

              the next pair is coming real soon

              as I have to spend the 50 MYR voucher anyway

              should goes to another pair of

              Go Walk 3 for my mom

               

              awww..

              I can’t wait to see the sight of

              couple shoes for my mom and dad

               

              happiness is

              shopping… for my family

              and we are so ready for

              our outing next week

              I mean this weekend,

              to Mount Emei

              No comments:

              Post a Comment