Saturday, June 27, 2015

Fix: “iPhone thinks headphones are plugged in even when not” after a “Water Spill”

my niece accidentally spilled water onto my phone

and to my frustration

she wiped her lovely leg instead of my phone

 

I am not sure if there’s a causation link

within less than 30 minutes

my phone went cranky

 

can’t hear anything in a phone call

unless speaker was turned on

or headphone was plugged in

 

and when I was adjusting volume

it was shown that I was on headphone

in fact I wasn’t

 

so I found this thread with the above mentioned title

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4196806

it dated back to 2012

 

old trick is good trick

as long as it works

 

Q-tips a.k.a. cotton swab

did the trick well for me

without moving on to the paper-clips trick

 

stuffing a cotton swab into the headphone jack

to clean it

then sliced it off in a 45” angle

to form a sharper tip and

did another round of cleaning

cotton swab to clean headphone jack

 

some dirt was unearthed

and my phone is working again

without thinking that

I am on headphone in fact I wasn’t

 

small trick that saved the day

I thought of a few solutions

 

(1)

hearing through loud speakers all the time

is the quickest solution

I don’t get that many phone calls anyway

 

(2)

plugging in headphone all the time

is the 2nd solution

but isn’t that kinda troublesome

bringing a phone along is in fact already

quite a hassle to me

 

(3)

send in to fix it

Where?  Who?  For how long?

I would rather stay with (1) or (2) then

 

(4)

getting a new phone

which is not in my 2015 budget

(as if I have one…)

I would rather go for another travel

 

speaking of that

shouldn’t I start blogging about

my previous trip

1 comment:

  1. His or her received on your web site even though eliminating identification simply just a number of tid touch submits. Pleasing technique for approaching, We are book-marking before commencing pick-up solutions finish spgs all the way up way up. screen repair austin texas

    ReplyDelete