Thursday, February 24, 2011

Faded Warmth X Vanished Security: The Lost Cardie

the one incident that ruined my weekend

I lost my lovely brown cardigan

from United Colour of Benetton

 

first time in my life

something so affectionately close

it’s less about the monetary value

the sentimental warmth attached with it

 

a cardigan is like the security blanket of Linus

always wrapping around you

cuddly giving the warmth you want

the coils of sleeves, flexibly adjusted

 

you don’t rotate it as often

as you are rotating your clothes daily

so it actually smells like you too

 

the very last sight of it

was on the plane,

half-acting as pillow

it is either I left it there

or at the airport,

while I was changing into flip flops

or fell off somewhere along the long journey

too many possibilities

 

it remained lost

no matter how hard I tried to trace back

 

let’s put it this way

thank goodness it wasn’t my grey hoodies

thank goodness it wasn’t my camera

thank goodness…

 

hope it is doing fine out there

in memory

dear cardie, goodbye foreverone thing about dark colour cardie.. it goes with everything

No comments:

Post a Comment