Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023/12/31: November

 

November was the lowest month of the year

thank goodness

it is finally safe to say so

as things got better in December

*

but being the lowest month

doesn’t necessarily mean it bad

*

took the very first flight

since early 2020

even though it was a domestic flight

but it helped to recall the feeling of

being on the move again

*

1t was a 5d4n trip to East Malaysia

which was also my first time there

*

things didn’t go too well to begin with

the outbound flight was postponed

to a much later time

and the inbound flight was also rescheduled

to a much earlier time

*

but this was a trip that

required no planning on my own

as it was a pseudo-school trip for kids

with parents who were tagging along

*

I was one of the tag-along

but at least I did book flight tickets on my own

that was the least I could do

the rest like itinerary, transport, stay

were all arranged

*

arriving at our accommodation

in the middle of a hilly village

almost midnight

to find a cave-like room

which was super small

*

we actually have to climb across the bed

to get to the bathroom at the other end

not to mention

the facilities were rather...

run-down

*

there was actually work

to be completed before check-out next morning

so I stayed up until 3am

and continued after 5am

to get things done before breakfast

*

that is the reason why 

group tour is never a good idea for me

*

staying up late was something 

I had not done in awhile

not to mention in such a unique environment

*

but the rest of the trip was left uninterrupted

and for the next one week

I didn’t hear much from my project managers

at the same time

I got the much-needed rest from the travel

*

that accounted for the low sales in Nov

which was bizarre towards the end of the year

but actually came in the right time

*

that was my conclusion

when I looked back one month later

but of course

some uncertainties. uneasiness was felt

as I hadn’t encountered such a gap week

since the great outbreak in 2020

*

No comments:

Post a Comment